Stocks & Portfolio

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Stocks & Portfolio

Post by Coops »

Stocks & Portfolio

We have had stocks in the game ever since the bank was first introduced over a Decade ago. I see players making a killing whilst others flounder and loose investments. But I guess that's what a Stock Market is for :)

When it was introduced Flash was cutting edge and used by everyone for flashy neat graphs. Times have move don and now flash is on the out. As such the flash graphs that were being generated on the Stocks ceased functioning. (Thank you to @Londrow for point it out).

After a few hours investigation it appears this is due to a few changes in how the data is worked with these days. The original screens were written back in yesteryear and most certainly were not using anything near modern code.

I've made a few changes (made the text more readable without a magnifying glass for starters) But have had to (for now) remove the graphs.

I will look into replacing them with some nice modern ones,. but for now the code is once again more 'recent' and the dead links have been removed and the screen a 'little more friendly' :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!