Bug that would not be Stomped! (GBM)

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Bug that would not be Stomped! (GBM)

Post by Coops »

Recently I added some clean up code to the tickers. One that looks after cleaning up after Settlements are Wrapped up. There were issues with Resources belonging to players not returning to the local planet and also ORSA offices not being removed from the ORSA listing.

I created a ticker to resolve this, tested it and went about my life.. (I kind have one honest).

That was also the SAME week I added code that returned all the resources from DEEP Offline Storage to players where it had failed to return it to then on a 30 day absent return. Items were moved to the local Secure Store and resources moved to 'Starbase-51'. < This location has become my go to 'place it here' (as it stands out to most players).

Then a few weird things started to happen. One, players started to report resources at Starbase-51 (fine I thought they simply have not read my posts and don't understand they were returned form offline storage). But no this went a little deeper. Seems my fist ticker was stripping the GBM's and moving them to the new Dumping ground (starbase-51). This was because the code saw the items as orphaned. IE there is no physical planet / star-base called GBM. So it did what it was told :)

I spotted this a few days in and fixed it....

Then we moved the CE location....

Guess who forgot to move that fix :) So Now I have moved the fix and from now the code will no longer MOVE or remove GBM stocks. Some of you figured the issue was when you 'retrieved the resources' but no, this was just the ticker doing its task in the background but without the GBM as an exception.

I don't normally bother posting such a Dev Gaff but its started to become part of the rumour mill now that 'the GBM is bollo#e'd' and not to use it LOL. Causing me even more PM after PM after PM.

So Read this post, understand the issue was in the past, was thought fixed, and was for 24 hours till we move domains. Whereupon it ran once more. But is NOW fixed. Any resources that are Starbase-51 are either returned from offline Storage or an issue where the ticker moved your GBM resources to SB-51. Either way the main culprit has now been found and fixed.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!