Core-Exiles Guides - Contributors

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Core-Exiles Guides - Contributors

Post by Coops »

This post relates to the Core-Exiles Official Guides Site.

This site is not to be confused with the CE Wiki. The wiki is player driven and I do not poke my official oar in there. What I'm writing about here is the Guides site. This was set up by myself last year so we could create informative (often pictorial) Guides dedicated to key areas of the game.

I initially re-wrote all the initial in-game guides and linked them to the Guides site. This was so players would have a central location to look up the issues they face when dealing with a behemoth like CE :) These guides are also linked from inside the actual early NPC missions. Again driving players to a central source for information.

Often these have screenshots to help relate the information and are broken into bite-size chunks.

The site is easy to search and currently has 97 Guides and Short FAQ's. I'm looking to expand this to cover ALL the areas of CE. From Start to Finish. It's not a Wiki 'lists site', by that I mean we won't be listing stores, or NPC's or Missions etc. But we offer guides and information about the elements of CE.

A player is stuck trying to figure out how to Mine ore, they simply type 'Mine Ore' in the search bar and there ya go a guide including images.

So what am I looking for?

I'm looking for Contributors. Players who have time (from time to time) to write up a Guide to a section of the game not already covered. It could be as simple as say 'How to Trade an Item' or as complex as 'How do I go about setting up a Genesis Plot'. Guides can be short FAQ based ones. IE Question followed by the answer, or in the longer 'Guide format'.

The site itself is a Wordpress backend so actually publishing and adding images to posts (once prepared) is a doddle. You can even start a document and come back to it later to complete or update without any difficulties. You can preview your posts should you be worried about posting mistakes lol.

Of course, not everyone has time for 'posting' or perhaps the wherewithal to use an online editing/posting system.

That's fine - I'm not looking for Professional editors, in fact, you can simply write guides / FAQ's and send them on in if you prefer and I'll either post them under your name or a pseudonym for you. But if you feel up to the task I'll create you a 'Contributor / Editor' role and you can post direct.

But - Before you dash off to consider the role - A few small points. You must be able to produce literate and understandable - clear and concise instructions. They should be written in UK English and aimed at a family audience. If taking screenshots they should be clear and taken at default screen size and not include any localised content (your PC toolbar or desktop etc). I can recommend methods and tools for this if you need help.

It is my hope that between myself and a small number of contributors we can pad out the Guides site and increase its coverage to pretty much every avenue of Core-Exiles. As the Guides site is hosted and maintained by us on our primary server there is no chance of loss of data or input over time so it will only grow.

Should you have reached this far in the Post - Drop me a line via PM in-game OR simply Grab me in Discord chat for a short chat or to discuss any issues/queries you may have.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!