Server Migration

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Server Migration

Post by Coops »

Slightly annoying but our host has decided that they are upgrading their data centre. To accomplish this we have been informed that on the 28th of January around 10:30 PM (Game Time) they will be unplugging and migrating our server to a new rack location within the data centre.

The downtime is estimated up to 4 hours. This affects both the servers we operate so will effectively take CE off-line in all its formats and subdomains from 10:30 for the period.

The Discord chat WILL remain open for business and catching up on where we are at.

To ensure there are no issues we will be performing a server restart on the 20th at 11:00 Game Time, this will also affect the game servers and sub domain but should only be for around 10-15 minutes. We need to ensure that the shut down and restart process runs smoothly.

I will be sending out in game reminders for this and reminders to the reminders as we get closer :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Server Migration

Post by Coops »

The Server 'RESTART' planned for this morning went ahead at 11:00 Game time. This was performed without issues. This was in preparation for the Shut down on the 28th when our server is being migrated to a New Data centre location.

Server down time today was approx 10 mins. The server at that time had been up for 645 days.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!