GEV-sorting

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

GEV-sorting

Post by jcheung »

dunno if this has ever been brought to your attention (little low on time to search) but when sorting for money, it likes to base it off of the first character in the price, rather than the full numerical value (ie, 10,000 would be higher on the list than 9)... if possible, could this be adjusted?
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Re: GEV-sorting

Post by sidewinder fang »

I think I heard about that, its got something to with the code not recognising 0's or something, afraid there's not really much we can do about it.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

I suspect it is because it is a character search, which I think is based on the ancient ASCII codes for the individual characters, so it is effectively treating the numbers as words.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

aRJay wrote:I suspect it is because it is a character search, which I think is based on the ancient ASCII codes for the individual characters, so it is effectively treating the numbers as words.
yea, i kinda guessed the simplified version of that (treating as words)
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

The scripts is a third party ajax data table system. Its pretty flexible but also slightly complicated to make changes to. I've not yet found a way to enable the script to do both numeric and alphanumeric sorts. It seems to be be one or the other. It's possible but I gave up after an hour of trying when I first spotted the issue and not returned to it yet....

Perhaps some Ajax Guru out there would like to contact me in private and help resolve that one. Please only if you are as I say an Ajax Guru :) I've had plenty of 'I can have a look for you' attempts over the years with various elements of CE.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i see... ah well.
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

sidewinder fang wrote:I think I heard about that, its got something to with the code not recognising 0's or something, afraid there's not really much we can do about it.
I've got an Ex like that...
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Bumped into that soting problem also.

Don't know if it helps, but here goes a link of a JS library that it is supposed to be able to sort columns of different types:

http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

Sorry if it completly misses the point, but I just started playing this game 4 days ago and I also am not an expert, but it is a library, so either it works or not LOL