Crew Mission Reports and Genesis Notifications

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Crew Mission Reports and Genesis Notifications

Post by aRJay »

Having now renewed the contracts of two of my crew, it has occurred to me that these missions have been running for considerably over a year.

I think it might be time for the Crew Mission Complete messages to appear as notifications and not mixed in with our general mail. I know that as with the later Genesis reports this was done so we would be more aware of the new things. Now however I suspect most of us who have had a PM ship long enough to be running two or more crew are so used to theses messages that we barely read them anymore. I for one am certain that I have missed non notification messages because they were in the middle of a batch of 7 (soon to be 8) notifications that my crew were back and my genesis contract and cookery were complete.

So please Coops could at least the Crew Mission notices go into the notifications folder with the rest.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Re: Crew Mission Reports and Genesis Notifications

Post by Holiday »

I've wondered a couple times why the crew report mails come to the private messages folder instead of the notifications folder; I thought they were more fitted to notifications as they are just simply notifying us of something with no action on our part. I'd be all for them being moved.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

If there is enough support for this I'm happy to move the reporting to notifications instead of the main mail box. No issues for me to do that, just don't want rants and raves at me if I do guys :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Please, Coops, don't tell me you don't know that you'll get "rants and raves" no matter what you do. "Unpleasable fanbase" and all that... :D

Ok, seriously, the player base of CE is much, MUCH more mature about issues like this than is the case in certain other games I could name, so I doubt there'd be a revolt. While I agree that crew reports should be moved to notifications, maybe a poll would ensure that the majority would either support this change or at least not mind it.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I' like tht idea. I'd add mech reports to Notifications too :)

btw (about crew mission report): Could you bold Reward Item and amount of cr? that would make reading reports easier :)
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

I support this request, and I too would like mechs added to notifications
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i support this as well... i don't remember the last time (or the first for that matter) time i looked at crew reports :P
mropso

Post by mropso »

I support this.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

jcheung wrote:i support this as well... i don't remember the last time (or the first for that matter) time i looked at crew reports :P
I'll just delete them shall i and you can guess what they did.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Coops wrote:
jcheung wrote:i support this as well... i don't remember the last time (or the first for that matter) time i looked at crew reports :P
I'll just delete them
Noooooo, I like them :)