Crew Mission Reports and Genesis Notifications

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Tye Dagget

Re: Crew Mission Reports and Genesis Notifications

Post by Tye Dagget »

I'm fine with it either way, actually.
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

also , emporium buy or sell mails be added to notification .
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Two New things would be nice too - Certificate training and Genesis Research.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

i am reading them all (not too much of them for me). But yes, the result is a notification, and fits better theere. 100 or 105 notifications, no difference :)
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

As per the original idea behind this thread - I have moved messages for crew missions to Notifications. And added bold to the item name and credits to make them easier to spot.

This change will only affect messages from crew returning AFTER the time stamp on this post :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

Coops wrote:
jcheung wrote:i support this as well... i don't remember the last time (or the first for that matter) time i looked at crew reports :P
I'll just delete them shall i and you can guess what they did.
i already more or less guess :P
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

RANTING AND RAVING. :x I go away for a week and the whole world changes.

You didn't even wait for me to weigh in and say I like the idea. :oops:
I'm so confused I may have to go streaking with Rexx.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

LOL makes me laugh (although this post will of course get me more irate responses). As expected I've already received several WTF messages in game. These players neither follow the forums or even have an account lol. Seems the forums is always the tip of the iceberg with our most 'active players' reading and taking part here. But that doesn't account for the 3/4 that are under the surface simply just playing lol. Seems this change annoyed a few of those, as I suspected.

Never easy running a game with so many aspects and elements. Hey ho lol
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Well, if someone can't be bothered to occasionally take a minute or two for a quick look at the forums, he/she/it (we're politically correct here and don't exclude anyone, right?) is in no position to complain about missing things. And if a given person can't take the time to make his/her/its opinion known when a given suggestion is discussed, he/she/it simply has to live with whatever comes of it.

Besides, from what I've seen so far, Coops, the players here (or at least those that do speak up...) are remarkebly mature about changes and additions they don't particularly like. If you want to see what a "real" flamefest looks like that breaks out every single time anything at all is changed (with the reasons for major changes usually explained in detail), I refer you to a certain famous MMORPG - let's call it "Galaxy of Peacecraft"... :lol:
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

<sigh> I'm liking this less than I thought. And it's a minor annoyance, but it's a daily multiple times/day annoyance for me. When I scan the notifications the Crew Mission Completed and the GBM Contract Completed message headers look almost identical. One I read the other I save for Mark All Read.

I will be the first to say this is a real low priority, but could the message title of the Crew mission reports be changed to "Crew Member Returns" at some point in the future?
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter