Suggest Something New...

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Suggest Something New...

Post by Coops »

As per the title of this post...

From time to time, I lower the net on your thoughts and trawl in what's feasible and what sounds like a great idea as an addition to Core Exiles. So once again, I'm trawling for suggestion / ideas for game additions. Note I said additions and not ways to make current game play easier :)

Perhaps you've been sat on the next best thing since.... Drop it here, preferably more than a single line and with some though to game balance and actual feasibility.

CE is as much yours as it is mine, so have your say and try your luck. Many of the great elements of CE today came from players suggestions.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Bethany
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Suggest Something New...

Post by Bethany »

I just had a thought, what if we could add cruise ships to our corporations?
Patience

Post by Patience »

I don't know whether this is already possible, but could we personalise our settlements a bit - text box we can fill in with settlement history, adverts for our promenade, crafting opportunities available, alien language courses or even new ribblez recipes :o

If we can already do this, can you please let me know how to access it instead. Many Thanks 8-)
If you gotta go, make sure you GO BIG !!!!
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

I know this has already been suggested, but having the ability to exchange currency. When we return to the core, will there perhaps be a third currency type? I don't think it makes as much sense with two currencies, and can just simply be a bank transaction, but otherwise, can we add a currency exchange to our settlements? If there are multiple currency types, then having an exchange and being able to set exchange rates, or just adjust commission rates, may add another path to wealth gathering through currency market speculation.
Kermit De Frog

Post by Kermit De Frog »

This is going to be a little long. The concepts can be mixed and matched.

To start of the expedition.... Out to some where out to the Void.

First stage is to generate a personal wormhole. This wormhole is not direct able, and can't be returned/directed to. To do this a training NPC will give directions how to proceed. This would require specialized wormhole equipment. Once inside the wormhole... to perform the tasks the NPC requests.. specialized void equipment would be needed. As the NPC mission chain is completed new higher faction level can be unlocked for better equipment to get better resources/items. The wormhole has a time limit and will close when time expires. The time and distance the wormhole goes into the Void increased as faction level increases Transporting you back to the originating point. This new faction such as Wormgate or Void Raider. A new set of NPC's are unlocked at a required faction level that will allow missions to be run into the Void. These NPC's/Stores will have departments. Departments for different categories of mission contracts. Such as for mining, combat, salvaging, etc. As a pilot/captain faction levels up the better mission contracts to be completed. The next step is when a certain level of faction level is achieved unlocks the availability to now use a stargate in a settlement. The stargate in a settlement requires certain buildings to be built and deployed. The settlement also needs to be a required settlement level. Inside the stargate the gatekeeper there also have gates to the different types of missions. The use of settlement stargate would require certain personal equipment. This equipment would be different depending on the mission contract taken. Not sure at this time exactly what types are available. As more faction levels are achieved the better equipment can be used to compete missions and how far into the void the captain could traverse. The farther in the better the rewards. Now that I think of it maybe there could be a function where you just go thru the stargate just to explore and not having to complete a mission contract. The stargate destination has an “address” which can be returned to if the captain finds something of interest there. Next step at a certain faction level is to be able to use a stargate at a starbase. The basic concept of the starbase use in the same as the settlement but on a bigger scale. One of the additions to the starbase is the ability to send your own personal ship thru the stargate with you. Also there could be an Void outpost/ trading center that could be built by the captain to facilitate trading or transporting of resources/items back to non Void space. There is no limit to the number of outposts a captain can own. Outposts could be upgraded as faction levels increase. Which would extend the “local” reach in the Void to find better rewards. These rewards could include rarer resources, but also the chance to get ship parts. These ship parts can then assembled to make a ship. These ships are exclusive to the Void and has the ship stats that are vastly better to those in other parts of the game. Which can be equipped with items that can only be found in the Void.

If I sat here a little longer I could come up with more..... But I think this is over kill for now...lol
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

OK you got the suggestions started, and some have peeked my interest. I dont have a problem with long / complex topics @kermit so thanks for the suggestions.

Keep em coming folks...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Well, this is probably more of a "play easier" idea rather than an add-on, but perhaps some additional ways to earn rapport points:

On the promenade header bar (upper right, where the bank/secure store are), create a new icon named "Promenade Sales Advisor".
This icon reports certain goods that are in hot demand at that particular promenade. These should be manufactured/factory goods.
For example: ready meals 5000; commercial tech 2000; sporting goods 8000; wines 6000;
These can vary by promenade, and also should change, perhaps daily or weekly.
If you have those goods IN YOUR SHIP HOLD, you can deposit them (in chunks of 50 perhaps), this rewards you
with some cash reward (joes + 25% or something), but also each deposit of 50 items gives you 1 rapport point as well.
This would encourage more factories getting used, and help drain down stocks of some of those goods.
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

Union Interrogation System

A POD (But see below under Systems) that will remotely access the Union Passenger Database to inform the captain the System where passengers are waiting under contract for transportation. Its restriction is that it will interrogate the database in the CURRENT galaxy only. Captains looking for contracts in adjoining galaxies are required to travel to that galaxy. Please note restrictions and caveats for Furnace and Expanse Galaxies.

This POD comes in three (3) versions:

UIS V1 will remotely access the database to inform the captain of the System where ticketed passengers are waiting – Pod Points 1

UIS V2 will remotely access the database to give the captain the information of UIS V1 and the ability to filter via Class (ie First, Second, Third) – Pod Points 2

UIS V3 will remotely access the database to give the captain the Options of V1 and V2 and additionally where those passengers are ticketed to. - Pod Points 3

(Would see this as a CE Store Item)
(Unable to create a pretty picture of the beastie)

System
Equally these could be Systems Bases....going in the System slots....since there are three of them....they stack....Would require SCAN TECH and Energy like any other System.....Then they could be either CE Store Bought or bought from NPC......

Fitz
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

Dust Clouds and debris fields would be a great addition to the game. Some type of collector could be used to gather resources from the dust clouds and some type of salvager could be used to gather resources from the debris fields. Don't know what type of resources those two anomalies could have... but maybe some new kinds of resources? Thought of it as there are only Asteroid fields and nebula to work with at the moment... more anomalies would add more variety.

I have another idea that I have been working on for some months now, but want to put it in its own post.

Captain, Yokose
skyhawk
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by skyhawk »

My thoughts are along Yokose idea. Add some more space anomalies, what Yokose said ,black holes, star clusters, pulsars, stars, time riffs, galaxies. They can be used for resources new & old, they could be danger zones with penalties. Even just visual interest can't hurt. the second part is to change up the current game, nothing much ever changes in layout(planet loc, routes, NPC), it gets a little predictable & boring. It would be nice to have some adventure with substantial gains like jump 10 capt. levels, balanced with equal loses, if u fail the quest.