Suggest Something New...

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Bethany
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Suggest Something New...

Post by Bethany »

To riff on Skyhawk there, maybe there could be wandering traders that set up shop at random planets, stay for about a month, then move. It would give us incentive to hunt around the planets.
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

So I've made a separate post with a suggestion. I thought I'd do it that way as it is a very long read... been working on that one for months. Anyway, thought I'd let the community know here. Apologies if this is not on topic. Have a great day and time playing!

Captain, Yokose
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Dove tailing on Yokose's idea regarding gas clouds.
I was thinking, what happens to all those ship fragments left after salvaging. That could be the "source" of the clouds.
Collect enough "dust" and run it through a refinery to make basic metals, perhaps even those hard to get alien metals (If the dust cloud is Alien ship source).
Sorry for piling on your ideah Yokose.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Patience wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:32 pm I don't know whether this is already possible, but could we personalise our settlements a bit - text box we can fill in with settlement history, adverts for our promenade, crafting opportunities available, alien language courses or even new ribblez recipes :o

If we can already do this, can you please let me know how to access it instead. Many Thanks 8-)
Now Added : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4085
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Fitzbacon wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:42 pm Union Interrogation System

A POD (But see below under Systems) that will remotely access the Union Passenger Database to inform the captain the System where passengers are waiting under contract for transportation. Its restriction is that it will interrogate the database in the CURRENT galaxy only. Captains looking for contracts in adjoining galaxies are required to travel to that galaxy. Please note restrictions and caveats for Furnace and Expanse Galaxies...
Fitz
Now added, with a twist and a slice of Lemon :)

viewtopic.php?t=4084
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Korth
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Carrying Alien Cargo and Passengers Simultaneously

Post by Korth »

Currently you can't carry Alien Passengers and Alien Cargo (Valoren) at the same time. You need an Alien Cargo Pod fitted, which then allows you to carry the cargo capacity of the Alien Cargo Pod and the ship capacity plus devices, Quantum Space etc. With any Cargo Pod fitted you can't carry Passengers. With any Passenger Pod fitted you can carry non-Expanse cargo only.

Suggest a line of "Alien" Passenger Pods that carry any Passengers as well as Expanse and Non-Expanse Cargos. It could even give a small Cargo Capacity Bonus.
Korth
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Personal Anchor Point

Post by Korth »

I suggest a Personal Anchor than can be used (be placed) anywhere you can get to. In fact you have to get there to to place it. This can be used to get to isolated parts of Furnace and Expanse. A Jump variant could also be used during Return to the Core. The old Anchor Schematics could be used (but considerably fewer).
There could be addition constraints- it can't be moved only destroyed:
-30 day time out on placing a new anchor point:
-new anchor has to be constructed in the same way as the original:
-can't be place where you have any other anchor points, ie regular Anchors or your own settlements, SB.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Personal Anchor Point

Post by Coops »

Korth wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:22 pm I suggest a Personal Anchor than can be used (be placed) anywhere you can get to. In fact you have to get there to to place it. This can be used to get to isolated parts of Furnace and Expanse. A Jump variant could also be used during Return to the Core. The old Anchor Schematics could be used (but considerably fewer).
There could be addition constraints- it can't be moved only destroyed:
-30 day time out on placing a new anchor point:
-new anchor has to be constructed in the same way as the original:
-can't be place where you have any other anchor points, ie regular Anchors or your own settlements, SB.
Can I posit the question of how does this differ from the current 'Homing Beacon' which when upgraded can travel as far as you like, performs the same function as far as I can tell and is more flexible ? Perhaps I missed something ?

Coops
Marhsan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Marhsan »

Expansion of the Shadowsword system to include Cargo Pods, Passenger Pods, Alien Cargo Pods, Alien Passenger Pods, Alien Group Pods, and whatever their equivalents may be for "Back to the Core"

Alien Bertha extractors for the Expanse Stuff

Gem Refineries: refine special ores into gems used in AMRs.

Upgraded wc, paralypic,olympics: combining them into higher quality items bertha style

Salvage drones: sort of like mining drones, but with salvaging loot

Gas mining rig: think mining barge but harvests gas and similar stuff

Alien nanofactories: works like VP replicators, but for Alien, AI, and Expanse stuff.

Recycler/Nanodisassembler: those junk stuff you pick up as well as the misc salvage that stay in the secure store...turn those into raw materials

Loot booster: Allows you to get better loot when mining, salvaging, etc.
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

Concerning Mining Drones:

Mining drones do their thing and deposit their stuff into the nearest refinery and then return to the asteroid.....

Good stuff, so far.....

But to see what the drones have managed to collect we have to travel to a Refinery somewhere in the universe.......
Once there we can use the stuff to power AMR advanced refinery services to make other stuff.......

But what if we don't want to do the advanced refinery stuff.....So we can transfer the contents of the refinery....but only resource at a time.....

1. Can we have a "Transfer All" button to the CS of our choice? Have to visit a refinery for this to work.....
2. Can we have a Special or POD for remote access to Refinery to eyeball what we have in there without the need to travel

Thank you....

Fitz