Permanent Settlement Buildings

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Dragon

Permanent Settlement Buildings

Post by Dragon »

When building our settlements there are several permanent buildings . Now these are nice but after time goes by, some buildings are not used, maybe never, maybe for a short while, but end up being worthless to the sett owner. Maybe a way to remove that useless (to your sett) and get something more useful at the current time. After a certain period of time, I don't mean just a few days. For example, how many emporiums have nothing to offer?
Yokose

Re: Permanent Settlement Buildings

Post by Yokose »

Here I think I agree as well. I wondered why there were buildings that once placed could not be removed, while others could be removed. I wondered what the reasoning was behind this? I can understand the ORSA Office especially if your settlement has specialized in that area, but other buildings don't make sense to me. Perhaps giving the buildings a grace period? Maybe after you place them then you are stuck with them for 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years similar to the contract offices that one pays for? Just my thoughts. Please have a great time playing!

Captain, Yokose
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Permanent Settlement Buildings

Post by Coops »

Been a long time since we laid down the foundations that became 'Settlements'. We choose some buildings for their obvious need to stay rooted, and others because we saw an issue in removing within the way they interacted code wise.

But we could find a compromise here, one that I think might keep every one VERY welcome. I need to do a lot of looking under the hood but I think a staff suggestion has come forth that could resolve the issue (with a lot of tinkering on my part).

So post 'heard' and considered and posited for resolution...

I've placed it on the blackboard (current To Be resolved) rather than the whiteboard, so you should see something in the near future.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!