Mech Building - Secure Store

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Lord Castellan Creed

Mech Building - Secure Store

Post by Lord Castellan Creed »

Currently the mech building process uses your ship store, however as a result of various changes most misc items end up in the secure store.

Is it possible for the mech building process to use the secure store, like a number of other processes using misc items do?
Yokose

Re: Mech Building - Secure Store

Post by Yokose »

I think I agree with this suggestion. At the moment, I have a lot of mech parts that are all in my Secure Store. It would be great if Mech Assembly could use the Secure Store rather than the Ships Store. Saves a lot on moving mech parts.

Captain, Yokose
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

I understand full well the frustration of going to do an activity and not having what you need to perform it because it is in the secure store instead of ship misc (or vice versa)

While solving this as you suggest should be trivial, I actually prefer that mech parts are pulled from ship misc. Here's why:

Festive packs, locked crates, Boris/Sven all put parts in the secure store. That means that all of the parts I consider junk are put directly into the secure store, where I cannot accidentally use them to build mechs. I can just move the parts I want to use to ship misc, and effectively have my own custom filter set.

If mech building pulled from the secure store instead this custom filter would be very leaky. Every festive pack would place those undesired parts right where I can accidentally use them.

My two cents.
Kaloseidos

Post by Kaloseidos »

considering the steps and process involved...how do you accidentally build a mech?
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Click on the wrong part (e.g., Regen armour s1 instead of Regen armour s2) and not notice until it's final stats are off.

It happens a lot when you are hastily building a bunch of them (e.g, during a break at work).