New Corporation Buildings?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
DanaLee

New Corporation Buildings?

Post by DanaLee »

I have empty spaces on my Corporation even without opening a branch office. I think it would be a good idea to have some resource producing facilities. Similar to the Settlement Mines and Fabricators. I have Corporation spaces begging for buildings.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"Two years from now, spam will be solved." Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004
Coops
Site Admin

Re: New Corporation Buildings?

Post by Coops »

Coops eyes the post with interest and looks over at the drawing board.... Where's my strong coffee...
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
OtherRick

Re: New Corporation Buildings?

Post by OtherRick »

I've been thinking... Here are some ideas for new corporation buildings.

1) A corporation scheduling service: This building lets you schedule corporation contracts in a queue to be allocated to the first available capable pilot/ship. Research could increase the size of the queue.

2) Corporation marketing firm: This building lets you increase the number of contracts you can choose from when assigning to a pilot. Research could increase the number of contracts available for selection.

3) Settlement/Starbase Maintenance Contractor: This building enables corporation pilots to take contracts for the maintenance of player-owned settlements and starbases. Uses the pilot's engineering and repair skills, restores some missing HP from a settlement. Generates credits and (small amounts) of scrap/sett loot based on salvage skill. (Such repairs could be requested by captains and paid for by settlement funds, if interest leaned that way)

4) Ministry to the Public-- enables player captains other than the corporation owner to visit a corporation and take out contracts for designated (or idle?) pilots. The contracting captains pay the entire contract cost directly to the corporation account, and any loot that would be generated is deposited to the local commercial store of the contracting captain.

Those are some ideas for now-- 1 & 2 are more for the corporation owner to increase their capability, and 3 & 4 are intended to increase player interaction with corporations they don't own themselves.