Suggestion: New mining barge abilities

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Suggestion: New mining barge abilities

Post by Akkamaddi »

These abilities would be the three icons in the center row, last three icons on the right. They would be either/both CES Store / VIP store purchases. They are passive abilities, similar to Locate Crystals.

Tachyon Sonar: U.A. Metal : When Asteroid Salvage is active, allows discovery of U.A. Metal units.
Tachyon Sonar: U.A. Mineral : When Asteroid Salvage is active, allows discovery of U.A. Mineral units.
Tachyon Sonar: Gemstone: When Asteroid Salvage is active, allows discovery of Gemstone units.

The effect is the same as the Locate Crystals ability. When purchased, each allows the U.A. Metal / Mineral or Gemstone items to appear as salvage.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: New mining barge abilities

Post by Coops »

That would be three VERY powerful addons - players thoughts please.....

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

Love the idea! Count me in for a vote.

Captain, Yokose
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

up-vote from me too.
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Unpopular opinion:

I don't like the idea of enabling the mining barge to get UA's and gemstones. It's already a very powerful set-and-forget "activity", and it's ability to find crystals and salvage already far outshines almost every other method of salvage and crystal generation.

I want more barge abilities, for sure, but I would love abilities that let you tinker and optimize, rather than no-brainer passives that you should definitely put on at all times.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

OtherRick wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:32 am I don't like the idea of enabling the mining barge to get UA's and gemstones. It's already a very powerful set-and-forget "activity", and it's ability to find crystals and salvage already far outshines almost every other method of salvage and crystal generation.
Was my first thought - but I'm interested in counterarguments or ideas ion the theme from players.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

I'm with OtherRick. Mining Barges are already one of the most powerful passive resource gatherers in CE.

On the other hand some tweaking of UA Metal, UA Mineral and Gemstone availability or obtainability might be more useful.

Fitz
Sunflowers

Post by Sunflowers »

I see OtherRick's and Fitzbacon's point but I like the idea. I have a gas slot in my Mall and I've often uploaded exotic gases which I've made in the foundry to it. Unfortunately, the amount of gemstones, UA metals/minerals and other such things which I can find in the NPC stores or any other way is very small and erratic and I often run out of gases before I can make any more. With being able to mine more of the components I could make more useful items in the foundry.
Minds, like parachutes, work best when open.