Extracting Planet specific resources on Settlements

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
DanaLee

Extracting Planet specific resources on Settlements

Post by DanaLee »

It seems odd to me that settlements on planets with Planet Specific Resources that have Resource facilities for extractors do not have the planet specific resources available also. After all, they are located on the same planet.

Do you think there is any chance that they could be made available for extractors put on settlements on the same planet?
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"Two years from now, spam will be solved." Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004
OtherRick

Re: Extracting Planet specific resources on Settlements

Post by OtherRick »

This would make a bunch of sense, really.

I also think it might relieve some of the congestion on hotly-contested planet-specific resources.

You know, it would make an excellent tweak to this suggestion if planet-specific resources had spawn chances adjusted based on whether they already exist elsewhere on the planet. E.g., if planet specific resources A, B, and C are on Karanor's NPC port, then planet specific resources D, E, and F have a higher chance to spawn on Karanor Settlements.
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

I also agree with this idea. Like OtherRick said... it would relieve some of the congestion that occurs at times. Hoping this will be implemented in the future.

Captain Yokose
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Think of the kicking and screaming from players on planets without natural resources.
Also, the scarcity of some items is built into the game as part of the overall balance. (This is from reading many of Coops posts on rare game items).
Coops modified the entire extractor system to raise the availability of the planet named resources.
Of course, Coops could decide to do this anyway. This is all my musing on the matter.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!