Raise an Arm + Add a Vote / Voice (Post Here)

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
OtherRick

Re: Raise an Arm + Add a Vote / Voice (Post Here)

Post by OtherRick »

I totally agree with KEV1NJ on the Sven's bulk purchases. It's a quality-of-life gameplay improvement that lets players spend more time on their profession.

Similar improvements should also be made to Recycling, allowing a player to recycle at least a stack of the same salvage misc item at a time. Last time I went to recycle my salvage, I believe it took on the order of an hour to complete the task.
Fitzbacon

Salvaging Alien Derelict

Post by Fitzbacon »

Just recently I have been salvaging Alien Derelicts in the Expanse.

Great loot in general and lots of it. But one thing I have noticed with salvaging such derelicts is that unlike salvaging other wrecks (AI ships and killed ships) throughout the other galaxies, there is no equipment loot.

Salvaging of wrecks always brings the chance of finding equipment (weapons, reactors, cargo expanders etc.) Salvaging of Alien Derelicts does not give one such largesse.

Is that planned or can that be added please.

Regards

Fitzbacon
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Just one word: more than 2 settlements per player
Make it 2 settlements per galaxy per player and we're in business.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Still reading this thread and STILL making notes guys / ladies so keep em coming.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Wasn't there supposed to be an Alliance combat office? Did I miss that somehow?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

MarcSp wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:48 am Wasn't there supposed to be an Alliance combat office? Did I miss that somehow?
LOL - You don't miss much :) A very good point and something that we could certainly look at. Mind you, one of the things on my whiteboard is change how missions are generated, so may do that at the same time.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Navile
CE Official Supporter

Post by Navile »

A couple things I've noticed missing that I want:

1) Some account add-on that would take any fuel "wasted" (by being full on a tick or removing a fuel tank) and automatically add it to a player's fuel in the depot... c'mon, eventually all that fuel that is vented into space must cause galactic warming :o

2) From the New Player Guide:
There are Nine Icons on the lower bar of the header. In order these represent your Shields, Armour, Hull, Energy, Cargo, Captain Info, Ship Info, Credits and lastly Fuel.

Can we color-code some of these numbers/fields to help us see things at a glance? For example:

- Shields is GREEN when fully charged, YELLOW when partly charged, RED when non-zero and empty, Armour and Hull similarly
(OK maybe it's more logical to color-code these like they are in ship combat, where GREEN is "almost full" and RED is "almost empty")

- Cargo is GREEN when totally empty (so that means the cargo expander may be changed)

- Fuel is GREEN when your ship is (almost?) full, YELLOW when mostly empty, maybe 500 or less (since every ship holds at least 3500 fuel, doesn't need to be scaled to one's current fuel capacity) , RED when 100 or less?

I don't know how this would affect our VI/blind players, though.

Cheers, Navile
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

I think this suggestion thread was a particularly helpful method of putting suggestions out in the open. Lots of captains gave some great interaction with other suggestions, and having many suggestions on one thread seemed to facilitate quoting from those suggestions.

Coops, was this format for suggestions easier or harder for you to work with that separate forum threads?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

It's great to see what 'Players' want and also gives an insight to how they think sometimes. Developers and Players are two separate breeds when it comes to the same game, so I have to often place a payer hat on from time to time.

For the more 'serious' build me a giant monster add on or modify the hell out of an existing item it's often easier to pull those to separate threads, but for general placing all the players wants in one place its certainly helpful.

Coops
DanaLee

Post by DanaLee »

I would like to see some additional resource producing facilities for Corporations. Similar to the Settlement Mines and Fabricators. I have Corporation spaces begging for buildings.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"Two years from now, spam will be solved." Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004