You Are A Winner! Daily Fuel Draw 2.0

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
OtherRick

You Are A Winner! Daily Fuel Draw 2.0

Post by OtherRick »

Hurray! I won the daily fuel draw, and got myself a cool 500 fuel!

I'll just add that to my... Oh, wait, I have a bunch of fuel in my depot still. If I was a new player, this sure would mean a lot, but as it stands this is a drop in a rather large bucket.

I'd like to propose EITHER:
1) the existing Daily Fuel Draw should be restricted to active captains under a certain level (maybe 40?), who would stand to enjoy 500 fuel the most
OR
2) A new Daily Fuel Draw 2.0 should be set up as in (1) in addition to the existing fuel draw.

The reason for this change is that it would serve to encourage new players to continue looking around, and gives them the occasional opportunity to splurge some fuel on an activity they are interested in. I think this would help foster longer-term interest for newer players.

Any feedback on this idea would be most welcome!

--Cpt OtherRick and Copilot
pikolinianita

Re: You Are A Winner! Daily Fuel Draw 2.0

Post by pikolinianita »

3) active and with less than 100k in fuel reserves - i know some med/high level captains who burn all fuel they have
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Thoughts on this change folks ?

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Sunflowers

Post by Sunflowers »

pikolinianita wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:00 pm 3) active and with less than 100k in fuel reserves - i know some med/high level captains who burn all fuel they have

I'm one of them!
Minds, like parachutes, work best when open.
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

Happy to let lower level folk get this reward, or if possible lower fuel (depot) level.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

I agree, make it a draw for the lower level folks. For those higher level folks who burn their fuel off, how often do you win the fuel draw? does it really make that big of an impact for you? Not trying to start a fight, just thinking of those little things that draw and keep players.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Elk has a good point, it isn't often one wins and I would be in favor of letting it go to the lower level Captains who would appreciate it most and possibly stay around longer. Not saying I turn down an extra 500 or so, but it meant much more to me when I was starting out than it does now.
dragon.