BIM litter

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Albatross

BIM litter

Post by Albatross »

I was cleaning out my ship and secure store, and discovered that I have hundreds of B.I.M 1 & 2. They can't be recycled, sub-moled or sold,and they aren't worth the resources to put into implant shells.

Suggestions:
1) have a trade-in so 5 of the same level BIM will give 1 of the next level up. At least it would reduce the number, and make some usable ones.

2) Let us turn them into Sven for 1 point

3) Add them to the items the Reward NPC will accept
Fitzbacon

Re: BIM litter

Post by Fitzbacon »

I like this idea. My preference would be for the trade in 5 for 1 of the next level.

Fitz
The Wolf
CE Staff (Senior)
CE Staff (Senior)

Post by The Wolf »

Aye, some good suggestions here.

I too like the idea of being able to take let's say 5 level 1 Kinetic BIM's and swap them for 1 level 2 Kinetic BIM.
Owner and creator of the Core-Exile fan site Project Eagle

My Settlements:
  • Triskelion (Located in Ferra, the Sphere)
  • Lighthouse (Located in Dashan, Furnace)
Starbase:
  • Starbase Archon-2 (TT) (Located in Cole, Furnace)
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

I think being able to upgrade them would be an excellent idea to implement. 5 level 1s to a level 2 -- 5 level 2s to a level 3 etc.
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

I too think that exchanging 5 level 1 BIMs to get 1 level 2 BIM and so on is a great idea.

Yokose
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

/me dons thinking cap, realises he put on his deer stalker and looks for his thinking cap...
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

* puts on new fashionable thinking cap with attached mask fit to my beak *

Thanks to Coops for the thinking cap comment. I considered this a little more.

Should the BIM 1, BIM 2, and matching implant shells even be available? I doubt that any experienced players would want them.

But for new players: "Hey they are sent out as a reward, they must be pretty special." And then perhaps the reaction that all implant shells are worthless.

So my adjusted suggestion is:
1) Give us a way to get rid of ones we don't want as per suggestion -- the 5:1 trade-up is the enthusiastic recommendation.
2) Stop sending BIM 1 & 2 as BSA rewards
3) Remove the low level Implant shells from the market.

4) Possibly even update CEDR to mention implant shells????
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

Personally not in favor of getting rid of BIM 1 or BIM 2.

Rewards from such sources as these come from, similar to the rewards from BOB are necessarily a crap shoot. One does not expect super-duper rewards that are after all free.

And, IMO, getting rid of low-level shells is at best a reaction from a High Level Player who has absolutely no need of such. No disrespect intended, but lower level players need low level shells. I am still using level 2 shells and BIM 2s at level 63.

I request that higher level players try to remember what it was like when IP was in short supply and the only way to be able to equip that nice shiny gun or go for that needed resource was to don a Level 1 shell and 5 Level 1 BIMs and go at it.

Thanks for listening. Regards

Fitz
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

I don't know about that... it is really a great idea, and people don't have to utilize it if it were implemented. Consider this... how many level 1 BIMs would it take to get 1 level 5 BIM of the same type? I've done the math, and the answer is 625. Lets say that you wanted a level 5 Survey BIM... well, here is the breakdown

625 level 1 BIMs will get you 125 level 2 BIMs
125 level 2 BIMs will get you 25 level 3 BIMs
25 level 3 BIMs will get you 5 level 4 BIMs
5 level 4 BIMs will get you 1 level 5 BIM

That is a lot of level 1 BIMs to spend to get 1 level 5 BIM... but some are interested in that. The BSA Office does not give out a lot of these everyday at any rate. At least when I play I am getting 1 or 2 BIMs a day... sometimes none... but that is dependant on how much I have played during any particular day. The more I play, the more I have gotten... but never any more than 2 BIMs a day.

With that said, I still think it is a great idea! OP will get my vote. ;)
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

Another thought regarding this.....perhaps an avenue could be investigated into recycling BIMs that are placed within shells....
I'm thinking of a method (NPC) who is able to extract the BIMs from a shell at the expense of destroying the shell.

That would add to the pool of lower BIMs. It would not of course reduce the number of BIMs as outlined by Yakose but would serve to increase the number of lower level BIMs...

Feel free to send me flames.

Fitz