More Factories and Refineries

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

More Factories and Refineries

Post by Akkamaddi »

Also in keeping with MarcSP’s comment: “Longer term, if the goal is reduction of hoarding, and reduction of the mountains of resources, then more drastic changes will need to be made.”

I do not have time to get into detail tonight (yeah, yeah, angels and ministers of grace be praised), but a good way to sync out some basic resources is to add more factories.

I'll touch on the gasses that were added as combat loot. Think a Merlin style refinery, but six inputs. Each gas will consume 100 units each of Reactive Gas, Inert Gas, Radioactive Stocks, and Ore. The last two inputs are two lesser used resources, like Strontium + Boron = Buritozol Gas. All six inputs are 100 units per hour. The output is 25 units, possibly doubled by an Archimedes device. Certifications could also affect input/output as with Merlin Fragment Refineries. A base conversion of 600:25 would draw a lot of resources out of stocks.

I also mentioned this in the VIP reward post. There are new factories that can be made.
MarcSp

Re: More Factories and Refineries

Post by MarcSp »

I've always thought that EVERY ingame resource should be manufacturable ingame.
No more "combat loot" or "mining loot" or "explore loot" or "sett loot", there should be a factory for everything.
Kinda like EVE, where everything, including ships, has to be built by someone.
Keep the loots coming, of course, but drop loot seems never enough and this would help supplement the demand.
It would create the new career path of Industrialist, and perhaps let those Comm/Ind setts expand out in unique directions.

And not just common resources - even build stuff like GLM products (drones. repair kits, space/land/air units).
Its time to step up the battle against the AI invaders. My genesis production center runs 24x7 and isn't enough for my desires.
I'd like to drop a GPDS every day, rather than once a week.