Guild changes (Guild GBM's and Satellite offices)

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
The Wolf
CE Staff (Senior)
CE Staff (Senior)

Guild changes (Guild GBM's and Satellite offices)

Post by The Wolf »

Just some ideas that have been floating around my head for a while:

Guild GBMs:

Wouldn't be nice if the Guild can place and contribute to GBM's?

The idea is that within the guild office (providing you have been given permissions by the guild officers), you have access to the GBM page, as you do outside the guild office, except that this one is based on the guild stores/bank.

If resources are been deposited into the GBM via the guild office, these are taken from the Guild store and credits added to the guild.
If resources are requested by the guild, the payment is taken from the guild, and resources once deposited added to the guild store (if the GBM expires, the remaining creds are deposited back into the guild).

While a Guild can originally maybe only have 5 GBM slots, they can use the guild faction XP to research more slots (maybe have something like 10 max).

Guild satellite offices:

Wouldn't it be nice if the guild can open satellite offices around the galaxies?

Currently, a guild member (except for guild messages) has to do everything from the guild office in Fieron, but what if the guild can open satellite offices around the galaxies, to allow guild members to do the same functionality as in their HQ.

This idea is a bit based on how Corporation can open additional offices around the galaxies, and while the guild still needs their HQ in Fieron, they can use Guild faction XP and a craftable building to open a satellite office (the number of offices is limited by the guild faction XP available and each location requires an expansion building - Guild faction XP required for each additional office opens increases, only 1 satellite office per location is allowed).

This will allow guild members to Craft, send out invites, accepts new members, etc. to be done from additional locations.
Owner and creator of the Core-Exile fan site Project Eagle

My Settlements:
  • Triskelion (Located in Ferra, the Sphere)
  • Lighthouse (Located in Dashan, Furnace)
Starbase:
  • Starbase Archon-2 (TT) (Located in Cole, Furnace)
OtherRick

Re: Guild changes (Guild GBM's and Satellite offices)

Post by OtherRick »

I think these would be a fine start toward expanding one of my favorite parts of CE.

What other guild functionality would we like to see? Maybe the ability to spend guild faction XP for "wrapping paper" for bundling up resources to use in crafting projects. A fair number of members in my guild find themselves sending tens to hundreds of separate resources, and then later find that over the course of individually trading those separate resources, they missed some, sent the wrong ones, etc.

It would be nice to be able to such trading all in one go, and to have the ability to easily see what you're including in the bundle before sending.

As a consumable, this would give an ongoing use for guild xp (whereas right now it might just stockpile indefinitely until new features are released).
The Wolf
CE Staff (Senior)
CE Staff (Senior)

Post by The Wolf »

@OtherRick, as regards to the crafting wrapper, I believe there are several suggestion posts from a while back already that talked about Crafting Tokens, which allows you to wrap the resources into a token and give it to a crafter to craft, I guess it would be interesting if the guild can obtain these some way for its members to use.
Owner and creator of the Core-Exile fan site Project Eagle

My Settlements:
  • Triskelion (Located in Ferra, the Sphere)
  • Lighthouse (Located in Dashan, Furnace)
Starbase:
  • Starbase Archon-2 (TT) (Located in Cole, Furnace)
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

I'm aware that the wrapper suggestion is posted elsewhere--

I think the functionality might find the most use within a guild setting, so figured I'd mention it.

Guild GBM's are a wonderful idea. As it stands, a guild officer has to withdraw credits from the guild bank, use their own personal GBM contracts on behalf of the guild, and then separately transfer resources to the guild store. That's a lot of extra steps and individual burden that would be reduced with this suggestion.

Satellite offices as you've suggested them here seem like something that should already have been implemented without a craftable building requirement. I'm surprised no one has requested additional guild HQ offices in VP, furnace, etc. already. What else could be done from these offices? A manufacturing facility to allow guild members to craft using guild resources directly? A tourism boost to the port, with a fraction of passenger proceeds going to the guild? Guild NPC mission givers, similar to C.A.M.P. or Courier NPC missions? There needs to be more to do with a guild office to justify opening up a satellite besides saving a little fuel.
KEV1NJ

Post by KEV1NJ »

I like the idea of satellite offices with some added functionality.
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by MadMaxxx »

As current Guild Leader of Tagons Toughs, i would defo support all ideas that were written here, because they would help running guild by a big factor.
Really fond of idea of Guild Offices around in other Galaxies and Guild GBMs. Guild craft token (or wrapping paper) or just craft token that would contain resources sent from a player to crafter would speed up playing process too.

Captain of Tagons Toughs
MadMaxxx
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

It is likely (read that as I aim too) that once Star bases Stages 1 and 2 are deployed I will spend some time working on giving Guilds a major facelift and some new options. Guilds in CE work very well and I feel its def worth the time and effort to give these more functionalities.

So keep the faith and keep posing in this thread if you have some good ideas you’d like considered / shared/

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Joe Bishop

Post by Joe Bishop »

I think the ability for a guild to add GBM contracts could make sense. However, I am a bit concerned about guilds filling contracts. As the player getting a contract filled it would be helpful because you don't really care where the items come from. However, I think this may limit the player's oppertunity to fill comtracts and make credits. There already seems to be a limited number of contracts especially the more common resources.