Harvesters and collecting "Resource Expired"

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Harvesters and collecting "Resource Expired"

Post by Akkamaddi »

Hello,

I know this has been brought up in the past, and it may be one of those things that small structural decisions lead up to it, but I keep hoping this can be addressed if there is time. I have Nebula Service Management, which may affect this.

When a harvester is harvesting a resource, let's say Zirconium, and the supply is depleted, the display shifts from Zirconium to Resource Expired. Harvesting stops, and the harvester sits there.

When you empty the harvester, you do not collect Resource Expired. The harvester shifts from holding 500 units of Zirconium to 500 units of Resource Expired. When you transfer the resources, you transfer 500 units of Resource Expired.

It would be nice if the resource maintained its name. I've been told that the database update preserves the correct name, so in this case I would end up with 500 units of Zirconium in storage. If you have multiple harvesters, it would be preferable to see what you are getting instead of thee or four harvesters sending Resource Expired home.

Thank you for your time.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Harvesters and collecting "Resource Expired"

Post by Coops »

interesting one, another instance of no ones ever waved this 'issue' directly in my face as clear as you have. Perhaps I could be a little cheeky and ask that you log this convo as a bug and I'll make sure its looked at. Doing it that way means I wont forget...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Re: Harvesters and collecting "Resource Expired"

Post by Akkamaddi »

Of course. I will wait until one of my harvesters expires so I can get screen shots.