Player Emporium Sorting

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
DanaLee

Player Emporium Sorting

Post by DanaLee »

I browse the Emporiums often looking for deals, bargains, and things I can use in the near future. I noticed that sorting items in the Emporium by quantity or price the sorting function seems to sort these as text i.e. 97 comes before 950,000 followed by 94.

If it weren't too much trouble could these be changed to sort as actual numerical?

I've done coding before (back in the dark ages) and realize that sometimes the simplest sounding change is the more difficult thing to accomplish.
Any effort would be appreciated by me.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"Two years from now, spam will be solved." Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004
OtherRick

Re: Player Emporium Sorting

Post by OtherRick »

DanaLee, I understand your pain and agree 100%. Know that you are not alone.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I'll need to assign some time to this. We use a certain library file for the data-tables and it doesn't sort numbers as you wish. I will need to update the lib file and if my memory calls we didn't due to an issue it had with the way Blind Players interact with the tables.

But I will add it to my list to look at... this one will only be possible IF it doesn't cause issues elsewhere.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
DanaLee

Post by DanaLee »

I understand. Thanks for checking. As I said in my original post " ... sometimes the simplest sounding change is the more difficult thing to accomplish. "
If it can be done without driving you nuts (well, more so than you already are) give it a go.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"Two years from now, spam will be solved." Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004