Make bank stock market more in line with economy.

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
DanaLee

Make bank stock market more in line with economy.

Post by DanaLee »

Hiyas, I don't make many suggestions. I do think that limiting the stock market to 3000 shares makes it fairly useless to players. Brand new players can't really afford the risk with their hard earned capital and any players that have accumulated large amounts it hardly seems worth the effort in terms of earning cash in game. If you could increase that to millions of shares it might be fun to participate in and rewarding. I have my own strategy to "beat the market" and would like to participate more than just an in game hobby. I'm thinking there are a few players who would be interested in testing winning strategies with a potential for decent rewards.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"Two years from now, spam will be solved." Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Make bank stock market more in line with economy.

Post by Coops »

Just for a window into the share system in the last year I pulled accounts at random these are their last 12 month profits.

At the other end of the scale

Losses

We did look into linking up the game ebb and flow economy to the company shares but realised fairly quickly that with the vast wealth some players have this would be a very bad idea, essentially waving a red flag at the player base to try manipulate the stocks.

I may at some stage return to the stocks system and give it an overhaul but seeing y12 month profits of 60-70 million seems to indicate its working as coded.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
DanaLee

Re: Make bank stock market more in line with economy.

Post by DanaLee »

Thanks for your review, Coops. It is nice to know that some players use the stock market.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"Two years from now, spam will be solved." Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004