Automated Marauder Class Ships

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Yokose

Automated Marauder Class Ships

Post by Yokose »

The idea of the automated marauder is quite similar to the automated mining barge. It would have its own abilities/point/level system.

This automated ship would have the ability to scan for and attack as well as destroy any target… not only that, but determine weather the target is good or bad. The marauder would also have the ability to utilize threat level assessment before initiating combat with a target. If a target is too powerful for the marauder, the ships AI would ignore the target and move onto the next one. It would also have the ability to both loot and salvage destroyed targets.

If the marauder has reached a point where its critically damaged, the marauder would have the ability to disengage from the target and initiate automated repairs on itself, given there is enough power to do so. If power has been depleted during either the automated repairs or combat… the ship would shutdown so that it can recharge its power cells. It would be up to the player to resume either the repairs needed or combat. If power runs out during looting or salvaging, then whatever loot that may have been gained is lost as the marauder shuts down to recharge.

I am struggling when it comes to the cargo capacity as a marauder class ship is definitely smaller than a mining barge, so I was thinking that the capacity would start from 250~500. As the marauder levels up the capacity would increase… similar to the mining barge. When the cargo hold is full, the marauder would either send the inventory to the nearest CS or shutdown and wait for manual input from the player.

AI points could be spent on things like “Threat Level Assessment”, “Automated Repairs”… stuff like that. Skill points could be spent on Weapons, Shields/armour,Scan, Targeting… things like that. Well, I’d leave it up to the devs to refine.

Anyway, that is my idea. Weather it is considered or not, thanks for listening. Have fun playing!

Yokose
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Re: Automated Marauder Class Ships

Post by Akkamaddi »

So, an automated mining drone for combat?

Hmmm.... have combat occur every 15 or 30 minutes. I would say reduce it to an initial randomized rock/paper/scissors, and then each side gets damage buffs based on your drones loadout or the target ships firepower. The winner attacks first and gets a damage bonus.

Give it fuel cells. Each round of combat uses one fuel cell. fuel cells regenerate one per hour. The drone will stop for charging and instructions when a combat round starts and it is under five fuel cells. (The drone will not start combat if it will shut down a few rounds in, as a fail-safe.)

Shields are equippable. At the end of combat, they regenerate 100 points automatically, and then one fuel point per 500 to recharge.

Armor regenerates 50 points after combat. Drone shuts down when armor is down to 25%.

Hull does not heal, and the drone will not initiate with hull damage.

The player can pay credits to repair armor and hull when the drone is shut down.

Point-earned, player made, and/or CES store bought doodads can improve armor, shield, and hull values and regeneration, and improve fuel cost of regeneration. (CES perks could get free cycle restoration.)

Giving it salvage would be amazing. Give it a target area, or let it pick randomly each shot.

That's just off the top of my head, but I think an automated combat drone would be workable. It would be a fair bit of work for Coops, though.