Schematics

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Dragon

Schematics

Post by Dragon »

I wish there was a way to tell if a schematic can be used in game alone or if it is part of something else. In particular , at the moment, I am looking at a Rig Advanced Asteroid Scanner. I would like to know if it can be fitted on my mining barge or do they already have them? But, it doesn't say if it is part of something already on the barge or if it is one you can place there at a certain level or anything. There are lots of schematics that maybe can be used in game but I, for one, have no idea if they can or can not? :oops:

dragon
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Schematics

Post by Coops »

Morning,

In its most basic terms we 'could' break a schematic down in to two categories, End Product and Module. I cant at the schematic stage tell you how or where its used or if its an item to add to XY or Z, but we would indicate with a single word section if its Product or Module.

Thoughts folks...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I think you are misunderstanding schematics and modules.

Generally, stuff you can build and deploy will be found in the CEDR/schematics tab.
Most (not all) of these will have more description of their purpose under the broader category tab in the CEDR.
Any stuff in the modules tab is a sub-build for a higher level schematic, and cannot be deployed on their own.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

kubaF site has this functionality:
http://schembrowser.epizy.com/sdbr.php

but, do you mean some items in schematics tabs (not modules) are not independent items, are similar to modules, like settlement hubs, barge sections, etc. Then could we have icon with hover text with item details?