Expanse Barge

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Shadow

Expanse Barge

Post by Shadow »

Coops...

How about letting those of us who have gone to all the trouble of setting up an Expanse Settlement to run barges in the Expanse???

If some players (yeah, everyone who doesnt have an Expanse Set) are not happy ahhh they can start up an alt and get into more CE fun

and before you all shoot this down - those of us who do have an Exp Set require large amounts of alien res to craft buildings etc

No that many players in game have a large stockpile of alien res they can drop on any given GBM

In the long run I can see us helping other players as our stock of alien res grows

sooooooooo ahhhh can we please.....
Shadow

Re: Expanse Barge

Post by Shadow »

I am in total shock

106 people have viewed this article and not one person has provided a comment

I actually thought the idea was sound but expected many negative comments

No comments is actually troubling

Maybe its because so few have expanse settlements that this idea wouldnt effect the majority of players

But it would if we were able to drop alien resource on GBms to help you out.

And ahhh not even comments from those others who do have alien settlements - so strange
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

This has been brought up before. I would love an expanse barge function. If it was tied to an expanse settlement, I'd at least like the ability to unlock it through the CES. (I don't have an expanse settlement.)

I've thrown my support behind this before, and would do so again.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

you give me your vote... I give you my promise to help with any future alien GBMs I can fill with my ahhhh whenever expanse barge
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

AFAIK, Coops has always meant for the barge to be used in the expanse. I'm thinking that we may have to unlock this ability (probably one of the reserved abilities in the mining barge abilities screen).

As per the Mining barge primer:

Well, in a nut shell its a semi autonomous ship designed to be deployed (by you) and controlled by an a.I Mining Bot when your not there :). It can traverse the Asteroid Fields in the Universe (Expanse Pending) and mine ores for you whilst you sleep, play chess or make tea... Unlike simply Mining Drones, this is a fully loaded Mining Vessel with a lot of bells and whistles to be unlocked and utilised.
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Furthermore, there are certain ore groups where we can't mine anything (groups 13-16). My guess is these are reserved for expanse resources in the future.