joes/tdk suggestion mass selling

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
james t kirk

joes/tdk suggestion mass selling

Post by james t kirk »

so i've been thinking about this.
right now there's no way to mass sell goods and resources to joes/tdk. but what if there was?
to be able to do this with absolutely no limitations would make money making far too easy and that's not what this game is about. however sometimes i feel that gaining IP is easier than gaining the lovely credit.

i've based this idea on the qtd. so the ability to mass sell stuff to joes from your cs stores x amount of times per day. say 10 times. so you'd choose what you wanted to sell you would be picky. because you wouldn't want to waste 1 of those selling oppertunities.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: joes/tdk suggestion mass selling

Post by Coops »

Thoughts and feedback Folk....
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

This seems overly complicated.
Why sell to Joes anyway? You have essentially infinite FREE storage in the CS, just wait for something
to come up in the GBM and sell then for a minimum 25% increased profit. There is little to no cost for hoarding.
If you are going to craft, or develop an infrastructure (sett/genesis/corp) you need to be hoarding everything anyway.

If you want to sell from CS to Joes, it would be easier for Coops to go into the "trade" button for each resource and add a
small area "sell to joes" under the trade to captain area.
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

well like for example, i have nearly 1000000 ore acumilated. haven't seen any contracts on the gbm that requires ore. i would like to turn that into cash. if there's no contract available, then i'd love to just sell it and make whatever money i can.
yes i would always check gbm first but if i can't sell to the gbm because nobody wants what i have then it would be good to be able to sell to joes. not only that it's my understanding that the exports groups the npc traders rely on joes and tdk selling to them so players can buy resources back should they wish. some players do this i know.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I agree it would make sense to allow selling to Joes directly from the CS, I just don't see a need for any special qtd type complications.

I suspect there would be a mass dump-off of unwanted resources at first, then the sell rate would drop fairly low, as I think most
players would only sell sporadically. So a sell button would take less work than a qtd mechanic that has to track the sales.
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

right i see what you're saying.
the reason though i thought of a qtd aproach though is because whilst i think earning the credit needs to be a little easier than it is, you don't want to make it so that you are a billionaire in a day. ok if you had enough of a single resource that's possible but you would have worked towards that and as such earned it. i guess what i'm trying to do here is to create a way of making credits a little easier without actually trying to unbalance the game.
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

JT, I know many players who are heavily involved in crafting buy as much res as they can from anyone offering at higher levels of payment than what Joes offers. Just about everything is reqd for the bigger crafts as I myself am finding. Not sure its worth coops time and effort to change anything just yet when a player can post an add or ask fellow guildys or even drop a line on discord to state you have this amount of res for offer

For me without discord, I would love to see a trading market, opposite to the GBM. Not what you want but what you have for sale. (that could be page two of the GBM)

just my thoughts,
mech
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

a trading market, you mean liturally for buying and selling?
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

I thought it would be nice but that would take away from having a promenade - so yet again probably not worth coops spending time on it
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

so it still comes down to being able to sell directly to joe's through your cs should you wish to do it.