SubMol'ing Bob's ADV items

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

SubMol'ing Bob's ADV items

Post by Akkamaddi »

Hi,

So, not to be indelicate, but an old gripe of mine about the ADV goods is that they have absolutely awful output when using a submol pod to get the Az-Pat resources. When breaking down level 70-ish equipment, I get 200+ Gelon from classic equipment, but 6 or 7 units of Gelon for any ADV items. It seems as if all the ADV items break down like a level 10 weapon.

:idea: Just as a quick idea, how about having minions of Bob appear at promenades, the Odd Bobs. Bob wants to serve mankind. Bob even read a really good book about that. Come visit Bob. Could Bob interest you in a spritz of soy sauce?

Start with a clone of the Barter stores. The barter trade-in is all ADV goods. Instead of selling or submol'ing unneeded ADV items, sell them for barter points called "BOBles". Yes, I know everyone hates a new currency, but... Bobles. That's a pun that CE's dad would use.

The barter inventory for an Odd Bob would have three sections, two that rotate. The primary section would be Az-Pat resources. While submol'ing an ADV item gives very little of value, you can trade it in to and Odd Bob and then just buy Gelon or Metallocite. The Odd Bob barter shop could be just that, and it would be useful.

If I'm just throwing out ideas, I would also offer two ADV items, and two ADV item schematics. Have that stock rotate daily or weekly. Have one item and schematic be something the player's normal loot level range. For the second item and schematic, generate two randomly and use the lower level item. The more randomized schematic would be useful for guild crafters.

I think the easiest way to figure Boble trade-in would be one Boble for item level. (A cargo expander that requires captain level 27 would give 27 Bobles.) The purchase price of the goods would require a bit of debate.

And for Coops:

Bobles could be a type of reward, like when you grant barter points or festive tokens.

It would make the CES Bob Buddy more attractive.

CES store item: Shiny BOBle Token. Like the other tokens, the Shiny BOBle Token is a captain upgrade that increases the Bobles paid for ADV item turn-in. (Parallel to Shady and Cheer Tokens.)

VIP store item: Odd Bob's Reserve. Like Shopkeeper's Reserve, when purchased with Patreon VIP points, Odd Bob will have one additional ADV item and ADV schematic (in your level range) that it set aside for you to check.

Thank you for your time.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: SubMol'ing Bob's ADV items

Post by Coops »

/me raises an eye and awaits the feedback....

Smirks at the term 'Bobles' and wonders if this Bob idea came from drinking to much home brew from Akk's Jugband Gulch Trailer Estate... :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Re: SubMol'ing Bob's ADV items

Post by MarcSp »

I agree that submol-ing ADV goods has a pitiful return, it would be nice if that was improved somehow.

A Old Bob Bobles store would be an interesting idea. I'd add the ability to trade in schematics as well as goods.
A rotating list of schematics for purchase would be nice too.

If you are going to make changes in this area, how about increasing the drop range of NON-ALIEN kit? I've got lots of hardware
and schematics that I am never going to use, mostly because it requires ALIEN skills I don't want to invest in, or else
its stuff thats not as good as what I have mounted already. That is mostly a high level captain (100+) complaint but not
all of use are interested in the expanse/aliens.