Buying ships and other such items from the CE store with cash

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Buying ships and other such items from the CE store with cash

Post by Coops »

Darakhoranon wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:29 pm On a slightly more serious note:
Before we run off on odd tangents, would it even be conceivable from a coding point of view to e.g. "upgrade" non-PM ships in some way? Or would it be better to instead think about some kind of "non-PM ship only" equipment/pods?
Due to how ships are stored in the DB, editing the standard Ships (non PM) is tricky and could be a lot more trouble than its worth in the coding long run. That's why the PM ships were created so we could extend the line with other stat options.

I'm ALWAYS open to suggestions (not tooo mad lol) so feel free to lay any idea on me and I'll always consider along with a mug of coffee in my morning reads.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Hmm... so maybe we should really think along the lines of "non-PM ship only" pods and the like...

How about pods that improve one specific aspect each, e.g. a pod that increases the payout you get from haulage missions (by a relatively small amount, but still)?
Or maybe a system similar to alien passengers, i.e. you need a special cargo expander (that only works on non-PM ships) to haul "high value" packages?

Wouldn't that make a non-PM ship much more interesting in certain situations, e.g. if you decide to haul stuff for a while (i.e. you'd get a better payout, etc.)?
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

Sunflower, here also the PM ships, and the store has everything except a shipbuilder and some Dark Matter for a shiny new ship.

To come back to existing store items.
SpaceBucks

Post by SpaceBucks »

So, folks, I am quite confused by this thread.
Was the issue that Sunflowers needs a new ship but does not want to pay real cash from the store or did he not understand that he can pay real money to get the in-game ship he is drooling for?

It is my understanding that every VP made ship is available as a token purchase from the CE Store. Then Sunflowers needs only tell Coops to assign the token to him so he can drop-in to the ship store in VP to claim his brand new vessel.

If Sunflowers does not want to pay cash for a VP ship and does not have any in-game funds, then I would say he is out of luck. Otherwise, he can indeed get the VP ship of his dreams.