trade VIP points

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Albatross

trade VIP points

Post by Albatross »

I had a couple ideas because I have an alt, and pick one:
a) it would be silly to have separate VIP accounts
b) I can't afford 2 accounts so I'd have to do them one at a time -- see (a)

If I could trade VIP points to another player, not necessarily an alt:

Ny alt could get the Ribblez whisperer. Hands down the best VIP purchase in my book
Ny alt could get VIP expanse extractors. Currently those are attached to the account that orders them

It seems that the person who buys VIP points has donated to support CE, and it would be reasonable to let that person choose what to do with them. If they have more points than they need, then share them. That's a reason to keep supporting when there isn't anything you'd like to buy.

Other opinions / options would be welcome.
Daemon

Re: trade VIP points

Post by Daemon »

Frankly, this idea seems reasonable. I'm not a VIP supporter myself (not that I don't want to support the game) and I suppose VIP accounts should be given a little leeway on what they can do to their VIP points. Since the VIP Fuel Transfer Pass lets you transfer fuel to another player (not necessarily an alt based on the description of the item), I suppose some items should also be transferrable to other players too.
Kaloseidos

Post by Kaloseidos »

Honestly, my first thought about this post was..dang you are greedy...lol and that's ok, if I had an alt, I'd probably want more too. However, I do know I am an odd one, and my thoughts and ideals are generally not popular ones. Now, that being said...

a) no, it wouldn't...perhaps he could make an "alt" VIP account, a small additional VIP choice, available AFTER you have a VIP on your main, or another donation tier, which could include an alt? (BTW, he does have a post up on Patreon asking for suggestions about VIP goodies and such)
b) and really, the VIP is cheap compared to so many other games, the lowest one is only a dollar, so would adding an additional dollar to your game budget be that hard? Don't get me wrong, I'm a broke butt, small, limited income, but I set aside a small budget for this (games) because it's what I spend a lot of my time doing, it's what I enjoy spending my time on, and I realize keeping me entertained is work *giggles*

regarding using points...I don't like the idea of sharing, it opens up abuse options, but if it is something he will consider, I'd hope it would be 2-3 times the cost of a non shared one, and only shared with other VIPs, like the fuel transfer, in which case, you'd still need the VIP.

Personally, I think Coops is amazingly generous, not sure he gets enough props for that. Patreon is a support site, not a shop. The rewards are a thank you, not what you are buying, what you are buying is Coops time, dedication, continual work towards making this site more and more of what it is, wonderful.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Just to clarify (as a few players do this) If you are a $10 Patreon supporter you can split that between two toons. You just need to let me know. Each would then get the $5 VIP rewards each month. If you wanted each to receive the $10 rewards simply up the Patreon Support to $20. You can edit your Patreon support up AND down at any time.

Also to clarify further the VIP fuel transfer is a 'consumable' item. You purchase it (or as many of them as you like) and each time you transfer fuel be it 500 or 500,000 fuel it uses one of the VIP Fuel transfer tickets. So its not like an account upgrade.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Thanks, Coops!
As so often, you help the players do what we need.