Guild Ownership

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Guild Ownership

Post by Elkhorn »

Dragon,
sometimes real life take the owner away from the guild. We aren't talking hostile takeovers here. Just what if my guild leader disappears without leaving a replacement.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Dragon, I think you're overlooking that "guild" doesn't mean "private kingdom", at least here in CE. ;-) A guild lives by its active members. ALL of them. The leader is just the player who happens to be registered as such.

Coming up with a way to replace an absent/inactive leader makes sense in my eyes, even if the number of things you can actually do as a guild can be counted on one hand (and I'd question if you'd need all your fingers...). Still, with guild-owned/run SBs slowly taking shape, it might really be worthwhile to ensure that those guilds who have pooled resources for that can continue even if Real Life (TM) messes things up.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

As this subject has been asked of me twice recently I must point to the CURRENT method, once which has been in place for a long time now and seems to work fairly well. I still have not seen a consensus from the current Guild owners / officers and as such the opening post of this thread is still the current method.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jforjesse

Post by jforjesse »

Possibly, a concencus? (60-75% of officers and or guild members vote) for a custodial post. The guild will still have his/her guild master(absent), but the longer players will have more say on what the guild does in the manner of what the original master wanted in the first place? perhaps temperary post (365 days) until the guild master is considered replaced. Just a thought.