Corporation contract completion tracker

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Corporation contract completion tracker

Post by jcheung »

I was wondering if it would be possible to either,
a) show the original aprox contract length somewhere
b) show aprox remaining time instead of %. or both. (if it actually is a variable number, allow it to go into negative minutes)
c) all of the above
pikolinianita

Re: Corporation contract completion tracker

Post by pikolinianita »

d) Show "Contract Start Time" somewhere (with % it would be good approximation)

Edit: Contract pick up time is visible from Corporation office, in logs (I have only one, no idea if it is visible from satelitte office). But it would be nice to see timestamp on "view assets/view corporation" page. if you have no space there, Maybe "Log ID#0" would be good place***? or kind of header on /process_corp_contract_log.php ?

*** There is kind of bug here. Assume I have 10 events in mission so far (from "Log ID#0" to "Log ID#9"). When I see "Log ID#0"", and click "back" arrow - I see last event ("Log ID#9"). But when I see Last event ("Log ID#9"), "Next" arrow do nothing (Should move me to first event, "Log ID#0"). Without fix my suggestion is pointless (10 clicks to get data - no way :( ).
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Post by Gruntok »

Replying to point a, the exact duration of the contract is visible on the contract selection. 1 fuel = 1 minute. Me, I just take note of the duration and attempt to be around the office when it elapses.
Wiki Nut
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

and if you weren't paying exact attention to the length or it's been a couple hours and you've forgotten how long the contract was?

salvage missions go for up to 14 hours or so i've seen... very easy to lose track 7 hours in.
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Post by Gruntok »

Hasn't happened so far, but the longest mission i've found yet was just 3 hours. I can see that a 14 hour mission will most likely cause a situation.
Wiki Nut
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

salvage missions are stupidly long
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

jcheung wrote:salvage missions are stupidly long
It doesn't matter if you do 10 short ones or 1 long one they are roughly the same level of XP and the same chances to gain loot and rewards. Short ones mean you have to keep going back to the Office to send them back off - I'd have thought you'd be happy.

Perhaps all the ground side waiting is having an effect ?

Don't forget Corp are about choices like the rest of CE. Don't like that profession for your guy, get another office type and try that. Mix it up. You can swap out the current office for another or if you have enough juice leave them both in play.

There is no 'rush' with corps there are there to play along side your toon for life.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

actually, from what i've noticed when i first got the corp, the salvage resources produced is nearly equal from both long and short missions, while combat loot is variable... i'll take another look through it though.
in some cases i *am* happy about the long timer... but when i have to do something in 2-3 hours that will tie me up for the next 14 hours, i'd like to have some options other than 5-13 hour missions

that said, now that my crew has leveled up a few times, my mission times have dropped to show more 2-3 hour missions with a much nicer balance of times-generally a couple short, a couple mid and maybe a long one.

edit: looking through my current mails, with both 2 hour missions and some 10+ hour missions in the mix, it's roughly in the same range with some variance... with some of my short or mid timed contracts generating more non combat loot than the long
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

i run short missions while I am online and then do long ones when I am going to be away. So far, though I am fairly low level, it seems there is a nice mix of mission lengths.
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!