I.T.B

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
scumbusta
CE Official Supporter

I.T.B

Post by scumbusta »

This has probably been discussed before but I cannot remember. This is 2nd time around for me. I lost use of a PC a few years back so my then account which was much further along than I am presently went in to AWOL and was wiped as the PA run out. I remember it taking almost forever to get ROLF 2
to complete the ITB mission quest. In fact I only completed it due to the kind donations of my fellow space junkies :). Now again playing pretty much 7 days a week for 2 months I have yet to come across one solitary rolf 2. Can they be either increased in drop ratio or can we have the option to buy a ITB from the CE store please . :mrgreen:

Thank you

scumbusta
Coops
Site Admin

Re: I.T.B

Post by Coops »

Just a heads up : Of the players that have logged in during the last 30 days there are a total of 42,968 Rolfs in their ships stores. Of those there are 2039 rolf2's in their holds.

The issue here is getting players to part whit them once they have them. Simply because something appears rare does not necessarily make it so. I would (as you have) post Here and in the in game forums and also in your Guild forums (if you belong to 1) and I'm sure some kind soul will dig under the MOUNTAIN of rolfs and all the other items they store but never use :) and sell you one.

By the way, those numbers were just those in the Ship Stores. I didn't look inside the secure Stores. Plus you really don't want to know the FULL number of Rolfs in the DB from ships not logged in over 30 days. It will make you cry! (certainly made me weep) :)

I'm sure some kind soul will read this post and contact you offering a Rolf.
Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Coops wrote:Plus you really don't want to know the FULL number of Rolfs in the DB from ships not logged in over 30 days. It will make you cry! (certainly made me weep)
Time to send in the RLF (Rolfs Liberation Front) - not to mistaken for the LFR (Liberation Front for Rolfs) - and free all those unjustly imprisoned Rolfs from their inattentive captains! ;)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

As this post is being linked and re-read - to update that number of ROLFs has gone up to 43,712 and Rolf 2's count sits at 2,071 < again from accounts logged into in the last 30 days.

It's always difficult as a Dev to balance the issue of 'hard to find' items against vast numbers like this stored. We tend to only see approx 20% of the player base ever enter chat, the forums or take any part in the community until there are thing son offer or up to be won. (Human nature for many players).

I've tried in the past to clear out these vast stores of items and met resistance and stubbornness when it comes to handing them over for anything less than a kings ransom lol.

Perhaps the player base itself can come up with a good system for this. I'm not 100% sure me adding the Rolfs Liberation Front to the game would win me any developer of the year awards but things like this have crossed my mind :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

A ROLF exchange?

Several other rolfs for a rolf 2, or any other one?
scumbusta
CE Official Supporter

Post by scumbusta »

I was told most of the Rolf 2 went to Genesis project. 2000 of them any chance they could filter to the terran trader resource stores ? . I mean here I am some 5 months in and yet to even see a rolf 2. And advertising from 100k to 2 million per unit has still not rectified the situation. I play 7 days a week and some 12 hours+ every day . So not even finding 1 by now does not bode well for the future and it is holding up everything else. I don't mind hard tasks but 5 months and 0 is a bit much for one mission do you not think?
Paarthurnax

Post by Paarthurnax »

I put up a thread recently in Suggestions: ROLF'S - 02 and the rest. To add the Rolf items to Svens. If any of you think this a good idea please go there and put in a supporting comment and perhaps we will be heard.

I agree that they are far to hard to find by any means. I only found 2 in months and could only get my ITB due to generous guild mates. That was Months ago and I still have not found even 1.
Moonblade
CE Official Supporter

Post by Moonblade »

ROFL. After reading this post I went derelict exploring and found a ROLF 2 within minutes. Talk about dumb luck. Anyway I got quite a few so if anybody needs some they are in emporium store at Rama Descarte for 1 credit. I will make them available one at a time to prevent any 'opportunistic' withdrawals or feel free to pm me with a request.
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

Nobody is allowed to get an ITB until i do, and i decided years ago i didn't want to yet.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I wonder about flow of Rolf 2 (and Locked steel cases, perhaps red crystals). how many is found/is used per month.

Also, source of items would be interesting. I feel I get most of my ROLFs 2 from Crew missions, which are unavailable for low level Captains. Maybe you could increase drop for Ashar Caches, mining, and decrease from Crew missions and other High Level activities (CQC? Salvage?)