Random Guild ideas

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
blueblue

Random Guild ideas

Post by blueblue »

would it be possible to have a guild store for equipment as well as resources?

heaps of work and possibly suggested before...if so please excuse. :D

we all contribute in Unity toward some free basic items for new members [extractors, drones etc.] and it would be handy if all our mentors could access the guild stores to remove them....we use one persons storage but it can be tricky if they are offline.

and has there been guild mech wars yet? I'm still quite new so i may have missed it...is this something that would be possible?

as a guild we have a shared shop, where we conribute and share out the credits. This is what we use as a intro to basic crafting for new players and to get us working together and to hopefully keep new players interested. Would the ability to puchase a guild store as guild leader be possible? then maybe some form of guild shop contest...end of year top sales etc, etc...or knowning most players here a leader board would be enough! :D

just some thoughts in a guild direction as that seems to be all i do just now....:D

and please excuse me if it's daft ideas or been suggested / done before.....

well done everyone....it's a classic game :D

blueblue
Last edited by blueblue on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Re: Random Guild ideas

Post by Bloodskye »

I like the idea of guild mech wars, but that's because Piko and Zoorland are in my guild. :twisted: :mrgreen:
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.
blueblue

Post by blueblue »

Zoorland took out 2 of my mechs today....what does he know that i don't? :D
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Bebeb »

Well that went off topic in a hurry, back to the initial suggestion, we actually had this in the game before but it was not in this iteration, due to the lack of control over members doing what they please with anything stored, there were a few instances of players emptying the guild store of items then either leaving the guild, selling all items back to the game, even those that don't have a price (read player made) or leaving the game and doing it for spite.
Too much work for the devs to recoup the items and the fact that they don't want to police the guild activities (and lose valuable coding time), not only that we have limitless storage for items so a designated officer can carry all the guild items and can pass them on to members as needed.
They should also be well enough aware of their job to hand the items on to another officer if they become unable to continue in the game.
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

full confirm what Bebeb says. So no, but looking forward what the guild overhaul will bring in the next ten years ;).
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

The idea of a guild storage for equipment has been brought up before and personally i see no reason why it can't be added(at some point, knowing the stuff already being done)
The reason given by Bebeb is a valid point, but, using that same reasoning, guild resource storage and guild bank should go away as well(PLEASE DON'T, lol)
Guild storage for equipment could be made accessible per Guild leader/Senior members so control is limited.
blueblue

Post by blueblue »

i think by the time you are a mentor you would hopefully be in the position not to rip off your guild but folk can fall out...i would keep it limited to senior members..

totally valid points by bebeb.....and marcus....

:D