BuddyTease, or new approach to rewards

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
pikolinianita

BuddyTease, or new approach to rewards

Post by pikolinianita »

Hi,

We have many competitions here :). But, I suspect, finding adequate reward level is hard. Most common are fuel and consumables (mech packs, O2 tanks, etc), but, I bet, there are many players which use only few kinds of consumables, and stockpile other ones. On the other side, generous prizes, like cash shop permanent items, reduce game income.

Let's introduce Buddy Tease Reward (BTR). I bet many people are interested in trying some game aspects, like new Buddy feature. When someone win BTR in some competition (or find it under Christmas tree) he/she could enable one Buddy for short time (3 days or week), to try and maybe buy later :). Player decides when and which buddy, maybe with some kind of promenade service.

My first thought was about Buddies, because it is hard to guess if they are worth their price, or not (quantity and quality of loot is unknown). But almost all account upgrades can be used in time limited fashion, like stamina regens, Orsa and Harvester upgrades, etc.

Coops, you have to set limit, how many BTR you want to give per month, and make them a super rare, very valuable reward. And maybe give-away for all active players, to encourage us to buy full versions :) And maybe one BTR for each 25 pounds spent (if one bought something, maybe one will buy more).

Pros:
- Rewards valuable for all players
- no permanent item is given, so no reduction in game income
- kind of ad (try before buy)

Cons
- some players can try and choose against given upgrade
Coops
Site Admin

Re: BuddyTease, or new approach to rewards

Post by Coops »

An interesting idea... General thoughts and replies folks ?

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
mropso

Post by mropso »

A very good and original idea. I wish I had thought of it. A good way to introduce players to some of the kit and maybe aspects of the game they have not tried.

The idea could be extended further having a hire facility for some things in the shop. For instance you want to use a Mega mall hire one for say a month at 25% of full price.

P.S. Don't tell Rex about Tease Rewards he will get the wrong end of the stick!
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

hm, could specialize on getting such rewards and do not need to purchase it ...

A good idea, limits needs to be implemented, and yes, it will help to decicde where to spend the money.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

A "trial buddy" does sound like a very good idea - as the others have said, it would allow players to find out if a buddy is the right thing for them (i.e. worth spending a little money).

And occasionally giving away trial buddies instead of "standard" fuel rewards for a competition or something would add variety to the obtainable rewards, though we shouldn't forget that fuel is a reward you can always use or store for later. So for 3 days of temporary buddy to be a really interesting reward, it would have to be manually activated at a time of the player's choosing (though once activated, it should run for the full duration, so no "activate - deactivate - activate..."-crazyness).

Of course, someone who already has a complete "set" of buddies should probably get an alternative reward (for which other "temporary trial upgrades" might come in handy).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.