Suggest a Competition

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Suggest a Competition

Post by Coops »

OK folks, posted this in General Chat so you can all free-fall answer this one.

I often throw out quick off the cuff ' fill in this, or tell us that' type give away competitions. But as the Recent Coops Challenge has shown the server (you) is not shy of a little hard work to get their rewards :)

So I'm opening up the floor to suggestions for future competitions.

You can suggest just about anything, but bare in mind not everything you suggest will make it, in fact I will cherry pick the best ideas. They can be short ones like my normal ones or they can be a little more elaborate. Those that require a fair amount of coding should be 'reusable' and well thought out across the player base.

But the floor is yours - the rewards leave for me :)

Coops

P.S you may want to remain on topic and leave Rexx's Pants out of it this time so I can follow the thread with ease.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
mropso

Re: Suggest a Competition

Post by mropso »

Try this…

A series of NPC missions that result in the award of Schematics, the first one is the top level and points to the NPC who will provide the next set of module schematics in the tree. This can be made as complex as necessary. The missions could be of all different types, combat, hauling, crafting, mining, salvage etc, etc.

To make it work across the levels apply a resource multiplier and a required skill multiplier depending on the player’s level at the point when the first mission is completed.

The competition could run for a month and there is a prize of some sort for all those who complete the build. The schematic could be for something useful or the prize could be unrelated. Uncompleted projects are lost as are the schematics at the end of the competition.
For more frenetic activity cut the time down to a week and make the prize very worthwhile.

Probably a lot of coding, but the concept would be reusable time and again.

What do you think?
moshe

Post by moshe »

how about some crafting Challenge , for example craft 10,000 items
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

How about hauling *something to every known planet?

Including space stations? Dunno.

Or perhaps just to as many different places as possible within a time period.

Long haul, short haul, big load, little load, Ashar, Wesbec, Valoren... whatever, all would count.

And yes, ppl who have explored all the expanse would have a bit of an advantage, but so what?
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
von Wolfenbitten

You could also expand the idea to Mining Something in Every asteroid field, as well as Extracting Something from Every available planetary resource.
Ditto with Nebulae.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
von Wolfenbitten

Heh heh heh you could also do a "Buy One of Everything" thing on the GBM !
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

How about a competition to design my wardrobe?

Ive already gone through just about every stitch of Fashion Clothing that I have................
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

How about an expansion of the find Coops competition where we have to find all staff members. (Staff would probably have to be excluded from this one.)
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
PrimeMcNee
CE Official Supporter

Post by PrimeMcNee »

A Guess The (server wide) Stocks Competition for Resource X on fixed Date/Time.

Guess the Bio Competition ( name the planet/trade hub/research station etc, that's depicted or described)
First naming wins and than the next Bio is shown.
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Find a Red Crystal

Post by Sparky »

Be the first to find one!
Still haven't found one this year yet LOL
Or has it been over a year now.....?
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)