Rearch Centers

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
siddharth

Rearch Centers

Post by siddharth »

After the recent Event system introduse in game .
many members seems below level 5 or around that feel it will take lot of time to go to level 6 sett and beyond .
as there is a limit of how much srp we can make each time and also there is lot of srp taken away in events around 1800 at one go which i had seen one event , with the AI building active. .
Here is my suggestion,
Can the limit of just 3 rearch building be removed and allow more building as we level up our sett .
for example we can deploy 4 rearch building for level 4 sett and so on .
It will mean they will have more srp to spend for leveling and for events also .
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Re: Rearch Centers

Post by sidewinder fang »

I'm sorry, I don't see the cap of research buildings being raised any time soon, sorry, three is pretty much the number set in stone now with the release of the bunker, I do however have another potential solution.

Personally I think it might be time to look into newer more advanced research buildings, I'm pretty sure the current ones are only lvl 3 and were added years ago, I don't know if its possible to add newer more powerful research buildings while maintaining the games balance, I'll have to enquire but I think it is a much more viable alternative since a lot of new research has been added since then.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Or some Special, Advanced buildings, with limit one per setttlement (Similar to Universities). For Example:

1) lvl 6 versions of Settlemnt Income buildings. Similar cr income (maybe higher cashflow), but small srp bonuses like +50 srp /day. In total it would give significant gain, and it would give a lot of possibilities, resources required to craft etc.
Experimental Research Farm, or GMO Farm (in place of income building "Settlement Farm")
Research Hospital, Clinical Trials Facility (in place of Settl Hospital)
and so on

2) Experimental Weapons range - Adds 50 SRP, some bonus criticals to combat, placed in "defence" slots

3) Reactors with smaller Energy output, but with bonus srp

For Dev it has some nice options. SRP income can be fine-tuned to each settlement level, plenty of schemes gives a lot of resources options :)
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

well , both is a welcome suggestion for more srp generation for settlement .
I was thinking on a line of if some one if wanted to make a settlement as a rearch base then resource geeneration base or game cr generateing based he could have a choice. based on limited slot he got so if he want to add 5 rearch building and not wanteing to make resources or game cr revenue it be one of his choice .
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

I agree with sidewinder in that "more" research labs wouldn't really make sense, especially not with the bunker having been added. More advanced research buildings might work, though personally, I'd add only a single additional tier at settlement level 5 (generating maybe 750 SRP/day or something like that), if at all. I don't think it would make sense to add "too many" additional research buildings since most of them would end up like all those settlement weapons - ignored...

And while pikolinianita's ideas have some merit, I'm not sure "+SRP"-versions of existing buildings would be a good idea since they'd end up being "must haves". One or two buildings similar to the university might work, but instead of "just" coding a "+SRP farm", I think we should come up with some NEW building, probably one with a very high running cost/energy requirement (so that boosting your SRP generation would actually COST you and force you to choose between additional SRP and an "efficient" settlement).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Prev
Site Admin

Post by Prev »

Settlements were designed to be a time sink.. some have already figured out ways to "power level" them.

Sit back, enjoy the ride, and stop looking for the "click to win" button, it does not exist! ;)
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Post by sidewinder fang »

Well, I have enquired, and I am now of the opinion that there is no need for a major addition to the research system, settlements are supposed to take time to level and develop and not just built in a week by throwing stupidly large amounts of money at them, patience grasshopper, patience...
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

fang what do you mean by grass hopper remark ?
anywayes , had some members upset over the srp and time it takeing to go to set 6 .
so i thought of the suggestion and post that in forums .
if greater wisdom thinks its alright to go with same pace have no issue as i got both my set to sett 6.
only suggested for some of members which are developing sett and have events to worry now and have to defent sett for events by investing srp .
and with new events which take srp and events which sucks srp so thought the old rearch generation could need a review.
treasure of Truth.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

siddharth wrote:fang what do you mean by grass hopper remark ?
That's a quote from assorted kung-fu movies - the old, wise (and frequently drunk...) master often calls the student "grasshopper" (and the student usually lacks patience, at least in the master's eyes...).

siddharth wrote:anywayes , had some members upset over the srp and time it takeing to go to set 6 .
so i thought of the suggestion and post that in forums .
if greater wisdom thinks its alright to go with same pace have no issue as i got both my set to sett 6.
only suggested for some of members which are developing sett and have events to worry now and have to defent sett for events by investing srp .
and with new events which take srp and events which sucks srp so thought the old rearch generation could need a review.
If you have a CAIC installed, only very rare events should reduce your SRP by a noticeable amount (if at all). Are you really sure the "-1800 SRP event" was WITH a CAIC? It looks like one of those you'll only get if you don't have one (and even then most likely only after neglecting to add it for quite some time).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

the events system i look as a tax of srp to level up after level 4 .

devs had put this tax with no extra gain to upcomeing sett in game which wil take longer time to develop .
that is how i se :) . without adding any rearch building or increasing srp generation per day
treasure of Truth.