Red Crystals

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Red Crystals

Post by Sparky »

I suggest that the redcrystal thief is caught.
I suggested this a few months back but he or she is obviously still out there LOL
I will have gone an entire year soon without one single red one turning up anywhere.
I do a lot of mining too.
At least four mining missions per week.
Pulling in cargo of 1410 each time I fill the hold and then start again until all 16 mining ores are found. That is a lot of filtering and still no red ones.
I have a mining rating of 37 and I am still not finding any red crystals, all the other colours but not red!

What the beep is going on?!
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Red Crystals

Post by Elkhorn »

I got one mining day before yesterday. First one I had seen in awhile but they are still out there.
Elkhorn
P.S. It's for sale, if the price is right.
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Strongwood

Post by Strongwood »

I may be one of the thieves :roll: I've had some good luck doing FOM missions in the expanse. Not doing anything special with mining lasers or such... just using what I can for my level.
FishON

Post by FishON »

at last a high level/top miner brought this up.

I just started the game couple of months ago and never saw one in my mining. this make me think that it does not exist in-game and trust me I mine a lot. when I ask a friend(top miner too) where to get this red crystal, he told me that it stop being looted in his mining around 6 months ago. At which time I was still not in the game.

Then one day I read in the notification that someone got it at haine(not sure if this was right but it is a system in expanse). So I conclude that red crystal exist only expanse? and new player like myself will never get one. ofcourse unless elkhorn got his red crystal outside of expanse. then my conclusion is wrong.
Fish, like people are caught by their mouths.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

There are currently 328 Red crystals sat in players Holds. Compare this to the 18,398 OTHER crystals sat in players hold. Red are Rare, not impossible to get and Definitely still out there. Nothings ever been modified for finding them. In fact whilst I was recently digging through some code I spotted the old cobweb code that hands them out ;) Still there guys, just rare :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
FishON

Post by FishON »

5m+ mined ores and still not getting one that's just close to impossible IMHO. Even at 0.001% chance Sparky should have got one by now.

Since Coops said they exist then I believe it. I guess it's not my time to get one. But I hope Sparky get one because he deserves it.

I would also take this opportunity to suggest that when you reach a certain high FOM rank, a red crystal will be awarded to the player by the FOM faction by mail.
Fish, like people are caught by their mouths.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

I mostly do mining and salvage, and I have only found one single red crystal. They are rare.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I"ve found about 3 red crystals, over 4 years, and mining a bit over 2 million ores.

I have noticed, the drop rate for crystals seems to have fallen drastically back when "Rare Loot"
was introduced, I suspect that those loots would have been crystals before.
But with crystal-based gear getting nerfed around the same time, and replaced by Rare Loot,
crystals just aren't as valuable as they once were.
If you need a red, there is usually one on sale for 3-5million creds somewhere.
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Red CrystalsRe: Red Crystals

Post by Sparky »

Well thanks for all your feedback captains
Especially the kind words from FishOn!
Much appreciated!
Elkhorn, you are obviously Coops's favourite LOL and he has included you in the code LOL

Nice to know that they are out there Coops but I thinkthat you have set the code to avoid Sparkyy's hold! LOL

I am in Angusty doing FOM and have found all the dang colours there in one mission. Pretty lucky there. However, still no red one !
This really makes me laugh now, it will be such an anti climax when I do get one.

A bit like Christmas day, you get so excited about it then you eat and drink too much and you feel sick!
Well that is what happens in my house anyway.

Freshly made Bean to cup coffee turns into bubbly whilst opening presents, then walk with the dog and oops the dog accidently takes me into the local pub on the way home, pesky guide dog...dang that is annoying!
Then there is a mountain of pigs in blankets, delicious roasties, steaming veg and woops...more cans of beer and , woops more bubbly, wifeloves the bubbles!
Then we accidentallly open some chocolately, creamy dessert which makes our teeth hurt.
O yes, and somewhere in the midst of that is lots of carrots for the dog she loves crunching carrots.

Anyway, I digress, getting too excited!!!
Here's to finding a red crystal next year!

Merry Christmas one and all!
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

This year I found one or two red crystals in "XXX - cache" events (XXX = Ashar, Wesbec, Union), and at least one from crew missions (PM ship required)