Suggestion: New mining barge abilities

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Suggestion: New mining barge abilities

Post by Akkamaddi »

These abilities would be the three icons in the center row, last three icons on the right. They would be either/both CES Store / VIP store purchases. They are passive abilities, similar to Locate Crystals.

Tachyon Sonar: U.A. Metal : When Asteroid Salvage is active, allows discovery of U.A. Metal units.
Tachyon Sonar: U.A. Mineral : When Asteroid Salvage is active, allows discovery of U.A. Mineral units.
Tachyon Sonar: Gemstone: When Asteroid Salvage is active, allows discovery of Gemstone units.

The effect is the same as the Locate Crystals ability. When purchased, each allows the U.A. Metal / Mineral or Gemstone items to appear as salvage.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: New mining barge abilities

Post by Coops »

That would be three VERY powerful addons - players thoughts please.....

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

Love the idea! Count me in for a vote.

Captain, Yokose
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

up-vote from me too.
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Unpopular opinion:

I don't like the idea of enabling the mining barge to get UA's and gemstones. It's already a very powerful set-and-forget "activity", and it's ability to find crystals and salvage already far outshines almost every other method of salvage and crystal generation.

I want more barge abilities, for sure, but I would love abilities that let you tinker and optimize, rather than no-brainer passives that you should definitely put on at all times.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

OtherRick wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:32 am I don't like the idea of enabling the mining barge to get UA's and gemstones. It's already a very powerful set-and-forget "activity", and it's ability to find crystals and salvage already far outshines almost every other method of salvage and crystal generation.
Was my first thought - but I'm interested in counterarguments or ideas ion the theme from players.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!