Is it just me?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Is it just me?

Post by jebrighton »

This week, I have had lots of problems with very slow response times and no responses at all. Sometimes, it tells me the connection is lost so I have had to X out of the screen and sign back in and this has happened about 35 times. I am sitting here now and have waited over 5 minutes for the screen to return. What is going? Anyone else having this problem.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Is it just me?

Post by Coops »

We currently use a tracking tool that connects regularly to the Server and reports connection issues. Whilst this is not complete it does report connection issues from Selected US, Europe and Asia/ Pacific locations. None of which are currently indicating any connectivity to the Data Centre in West Germany.

Average connection times from the US are 166ms, Europe 24ms and Asia / Pacific 335ms.

Generally it tends to be an issue somewhere between the users ISP servers and how ever they connect through the web to our West Germany Data center. We did have one other user report similar issues in Bug track this week but as I don't know either of your locations I cannot comment any further.

As for the actual server there are no reported Data center issues and our managed services and reporting tools (implemented after last December) are showing no issues.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

I haven't noticed any issues while playing, so things seem fine from my part of the USA.
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

I'm one of those that has the problem, but it's a weird problem. I'll get part of a page and then the rest just spins for minutes sometimes never finishing. I suppose that sounds like dropped packets and bad handshaking, definitely something network related and not game related. A page reload usually solves the problem, but not every CE page supports that and the Game Info tab is one of the last things to load.

And jebrighton, this week has been worse than normal on frequency. It might be good in the morning and then as the afternoon and evening wear on it gets worse. But I'm not seeing it as bad as you are.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

I have a friend who plays and he tells me he is having problems as well. Regardless of any reports that show no problems, they do exist. I play early in the morning and late in the afternoon and it seems to be the same in both cases. I am in west Tennessee and my friend is is middle TN. We have different internet providers and I have the fastest that Comcast offers.
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

jebrighton wrote:Regardless of any reports that show no problems, they do exist.
Just to point out, nobody is saying problems don't exist. The purpose of the reports are to show that the issue is not with the servers or the game. They might be due to some route you are connecting through, but there is nothing that can be fixed from the game end, which was what Coops was trying to point out.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

Pablem wrote:I'm one of those that has the problem, but it's a weird problem. I'll get part of a page and then the rest just spins for minutes sometimes never finishing. I suppose that sounds like dropped packets and bad handshaking, definitely something network related and not game related. A page reload usually solves the problem, but not every CE page supports that and the Game Info tab is one of the last things to load.

And jebrighton, this week has been worse than normal on frequency. It might be good in the morning and then as the afternoon and evening wear on it gets worse. But I'm not seeing it as bad as you are.

when i used to have a high packet loss on my conn, this would happen a lot, mostly of them conveniently on the line that shows the perfect wesbec package to my destination...

nowadays when my conn goes to hell, the 4 new tabs we have are locked stiff, so i can't even use the refresh feature (which is in a tab), i have to reload the game...