Ribblez

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Morgyrum

Ribblez

Post by Morgyrum »

Help I got mating ribblez on my ship!!!! How do I get rid of them?
Rexx Shredd

Re: Ribblez

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Let them multiply, then go to any Sven's Barter Store (Boris in Furnace) and trade them in for Barter Points (Ribblez are worth 2 each)......Considering that Ribblez multiply by osmosis, Sven/Boris arent too bright :mrgreen: Save these points to trade for stuff....This is usually how I pick up Mech Regen items....DO NOT let them multiply over 10, otherwise you will have them erradicated by the nearest station facility......When I first started this game, i was under the understanding that too many Ribblez can eat stuff in your Cargo Hold...I am not sure if thats true or not, but I took discretion to remove the one red crystal I had at the time and placed it in storage
Morgyrum

Post by Morgyrum »

Thanks Rexx. Your magnificence is blinding!!!!!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i hear they only consume your stuff if you're in space....
i'm sad i lost mine yesterday :( 17 ribblez, i forgot to trade them in :(
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Post by Bloodskye »

I lost mine too. Forgot to check in for 4 days. :cry:

I heard that having a snarg keeps them from getting above 10, but I don't know if that is true.
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

doubt it, but let's wait for the snarg owners lol
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I've got a snarg, but never had ribblz go over 11.
As soon as they hit 11, wham, Eradicus drops the hammer on me. Usually about the second day.
(If you haven't got this yet - they take ALL the ribblz, and hit you for a 2000? cr penalty. )
I have had the Ribblz Gone Wild event, but can't confirm if they take something out of your misc hold.
I do recall having an indy extractor dissappear on me once, not sure how that happened.
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Snargs don't do anything to keep your ribblez in check, sadly. I mean, sure, your Snarg will have countless hours of fun chasing them around the ship, but the little buggers still just multiply until either you remember they're there and barter all but one away or forget about them and have a bunch of people force their way onto your ship, kill all your ribblez, and charge you for it.

They are really quite rude.

Couldn't find time to log in for a day and lost all of mine just a few days ago. My AI threw a nice memorial service together, but my Snarg still hasn't gotten over the loss and just keeps moping around. I hope I find a new friend for him soon. :(

But no, Snargs don't keep ribblez populations below 10. That would go against the way the system was designed, and Snargs already give a massive bonus as it is. As much as I hate those *** exterminators and wish terrible things upon them and their families, it's an... "important"... balance to keep a free income source in the game in check. While some people don't think much of Sven's / Boris Barter, you can trade for resources, space debris, mech parts, and more at only slightly unreasonable prices by trading in items you weren't using anyway (and also your adorable ribblez). Because ribblez can (and do) provide a steady income of barter points there does need to be some system in place to regulate unsupervised breeding. If you're active and keep an eye on them every day, you can keep a ribblez stock breeding indefinitely... but you do have to be active in managing the population. If you're away for a bit or simply forget for a day or two, you lose them.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Zoorland wrote:Snargs don't do anything to keep your ribblez in check, sadly. I mean, sure, your Snarg will have countless hours of fun chasing them around the ship, but the little buggers still just multiply until either you remember they're there and barter all but one away or forget about them and have a bunch of people force their way onto your ship, kill all your ribblez, and charge you for it.

They are really quite rude.
So polite. I admire your restraint.
Zoorland wrote:Couldn't find time to log in for a day and lost all of mine just a few days ago. My AI threw a nice memorial service together, but my Snarg still hasn't gotten over the loss and just keeps moping around. I hope I find a new friend for him soon. :(

But no, Snargs don't keep ribblez populations below 10. That would go against the way the system was designed, and Snargs already give a massive bonus as it is. As much as I hate those *** exterminators and wish terrible things upon them and their families, it's an... "important"... balance to keep a free income source in the game in check. While some people don't think much of Sven's / Boris Barter, you can trade for resources, space debris, mech parts, and more at only slightly unreasonable prices by trading in items you weren't using anyway (and also your adorable ribblez). Because ribblez can (and do) provide a steady income of barter points there does need to be some system in place to regulate unsupervised breeding. If you're active and keep an eye on them every day, you can keep a ribblez stock breeding indefinitely... but you do have to be active in managing the population. If you're away for a bit or simply forget for a day or two, you lose them.
The other thing to keep in mind, which I forgot to my cost the other day, is that if you buy stuff from the CE store you will be given ribblez. This boost in numbers can through your calculations off and lead to those state sponsored thieves to break into your ship destroy all your cute cuddly critters and charging you for the "privilege".
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."