What happened to crystal market?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

What happened to crystal market?

Post by jebrighton »

Once upon a time, there was a good market for crystals, Now, I pick up about six a day while mining and cannot sell them. What is going on?
pikolinianita

Re: What happened to crystal market?

Post by pikolinianita »

end of next step project?
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Post by sidewinder fang »

Hehe, I probably happened, back before expanse setts released I was investing in buying tons of crystals for the next step project, now that expanse setts are out, not so much.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

Few other factors that might have helped:

-Sven pretty much has very little to offer apart from mech parts, cant say for the rest, but in the past i was a regular there. Havent bought anything from him for a long time. VP mined only ores, Kallycite, Berilliniumnite, Jasper ore and such. Crystals provided lots of Sven points.

-NPC mission lines are no longer necessary to be finished in order to unlock implants. At least some probably think it is better to let go those that for example require 35 Grey crystals or similar.

-it made a lot more sense adding crystals to player crafted equipment in the past. With rare loot around and in adequate numbers, spending a lot on crystals has become unnecessary.
for example:
Quantum Eon Expander QE4 +P3 (three green crystals added), skill 345, capacity added 190, level 44, energy 6000
Dimensional Helix Series 2, skill 330, capacity added 190, level 45, energy 5600

Probably more reasons i could come up with if thinking a bit harder.
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Hunbaba's right on track with some of the secondary causes, but that jerk Lutac Quire is probably the biggest cause. It's hard to justify paying a couple million credits for a red crystal when Lutac pays, what, about 30k for one? Lutac Quire's ravenous maw has consumed hundreds upon hundreds of crystals of all colo(u)rs with only the paltriest of credit rewards to show for it. No crystal "market" can sustain itself under those conditions.

Couple that with what Hunbaba said - especially the part about crafting; what with the disappointing lack of schematics that can benefit from crystals in the first place and the abundance of "rare" loot now - and, well... there you go.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

They should bring back some needs for crystals. With all these changes just made which seem to be mostly cosmetic, I was hoping for something to help the market. Seems like a lot of time and programming sort of wasted so far as I have seen .
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

Maybe there is still a market for them, but prices they are offered at are still too high now that certain individuals dont buy them at premium prices anymore?
Prev
Site Admin

Post by Prev »

Post removed. It was edited without consulting me, rendering my entire point moot
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

I see your original post was edited where you insulted me. Never mind. I do not see where cosmetics keeps players. It is playability that does that. And is there any section that is less playable or more clunky than the Galactic Emporium section? First, the search box needs to moved to the center of the screen where it belongs. Then you key in something in the box, maybe sort, then navigate to the item which could be many page loads. Then, click on info and when you return, you have to start all over again by keying in the search item. Now, fixing that would be something to actually help players. That would be something to get excited about.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Perhaps you'd like to get back on Topic Jeb - start anew thread if you have issues else where. This was about Crystals.

And it was I that edited Prev's post. - To be clear. I have no wish for my mail box to fill further so you can ALL stop writing to me! I work EXTREMELY hard to build a friendly and welcoming community so please folks keep your PM's civil to me or I will simply Delete them!

So lets get back on Topic and we'll all be fine.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!