Side arms

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Side arms

Post by jebrighton »

I seem to have collected lots of ammo for side arms. Problem is that I do not have one and know nothing about them. How do I get one, how much does one cost, and when would I need it?
MarcSp

Re: Side arms

Post by MarcSp »

The sidearms are part of your personal loadout, found in the exploration/loadout icon along the bottom button bar,
where you load your oxygen, medical kits, tools. They are engineered from blueprints you find while planet or
derelict exploring. The basic gun is fairly easy to build. There are like 3 maybe 4 versions.
Someone is usually selling one on the emporiums, not sure about the pricing, even the most advanced
one shouldn't be more than 5 or 6 mill credits.
You use them while exploring, you can have a personal combat experience against bad guys, but it does
affect your stamina and HP.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

They are especially useful when there is a collect all the flags competition running, where my experience has been that victories in close quarter combat have a very good drop rate for the flags. It is also great to get your own back on those annoying spiders as well.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Ammo is quite valuabe, and rewards from derelict CQC Combat is nice :). Get as good gun as you can, with personal ammo you have chace to win, with Zap you win o ften. I attack only weak enemies (HP < 100), harder ones are waste of ammo :(. Below you have cost of guns, all blueprints:

Damage: Zap 15-30; Stunner 12-27; Zane 10-24; Pers 8-15

Modules:
Side Arm Casing: DM 04, DM 33, Photon Alignment Chamber
Universal Ammo Fitting: DM 05, DM 34, Fermion Scaler Matrix

Side Arms:
DL42 Zap Needler: 560x High Grade Electronics, 4x modules
Electro GS Stunner: 260x High Grade Electronics, 3x modules
Personal Basic Side Arm: 60x Electronic Components, 1x modules
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

This Primer on Derelict Combat may help, covers most the starter points.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=581

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

Can anyone suggest a few weapon names? I cannot seem to find them under 'guns' or 'side arms' on the Galactic Emporium View.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

jebrighton wrote:Can anyone suggest a few weapon names? I cannot seem to find them under 'guns' or 'side arms' on the Galactic Emporium View.
In ascending order they are.
Personal Basic Side Arm
Zane Special Side Arm
Electro GS Stunner
DL42 Zap Needler

None in any emporia that are advertising.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Easyjaws

Post by Easyjaws »

Don't waste any credits or resources on anything less than a DL42 Zap Needler, you waste to much ammo on
blasting targets.

I just checked the galactic emporiums, no one has a DL42 Zap Needler for sale.

If you have done some derelict & planet exploring you should have the 3 blueprints you need to craft this weapon.

Check you're ship stores for the modules & resource, then go to a engineering process station & craft you own.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Just to be clear weapons don't affect hit/miss, they affect Damage done when you DO hit, so all weapons are valid but the Zap is currently the highest damage.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Coops wrote:Just to be clear weapons don't affect hit/miss, they affect Damage done when you DO hit, so all weapons are valid but the Zap is currently the highest damage.
Something New in update?