Random events costing XP

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Hawkwing74

Random events costing XP

Post by Hawkwing74 »

Hi, I am a pretty new player. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I keep getting hit with random events costing 1000 XP or more. I have seen some events that grant XP as well.

Since this seems like a very grindy game, losing XP is disheartening. Is there a net neutral to the XP gain/loss to these events? Am I doing something wrong to hit these events often?
MarcSp

Re: Random events costing XP

Post by MarcSp »

Hi Hawkwing74, don't worry about the negative events, the positive events usually balance them out over time.
Overall events won't affect your XP levels significantly, at least once your over level 10 or so.

At the start, the game can seem grindy a bit, but once you level up into the twenties, you'll see all the careers are open
to you and it won't seem grindy as much. You will be more absorbed learning the various aspects of all the careers.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Hi there Hawkwing74, As MarcSp says there are a lot of both Good and Bad Events. Infact there are 644 of them in the DB for the random code to grab from. Some are Good, some are bad, but we do find that the ratio normally balances out on the side of good.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Hawkwing74

Post by Hawkwing74 »

Thanks for the information, everyone.