Starbase - Massive Annoyance and Frustration

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Hunbaba

Re: Starbase - Massive Annoyance and Frustration

Post by Hunbaba »

A look at it from different perspective.

It started with 7 available locations at base price of 1 bil each and several already built and waiting to be deployed SBs, backed by some serious funding. Easily over 100 bil to be unleashed if their owners decided to.

Now, after 3rd expansion, you have 14 available locations at 2.5 bil. each and no one left to bid.

1.5 bil more for a location, but with twice as many locations available and pretty much no competition? I would take this option every day ;) .
Also, i suspect there might be some SB owners out there that wouldnt mind paying 1.5 bil just to be able to move their SB to one of the spots currently still available.
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

Serious words have been spelt out and even I can feel the heat.
Last edited by Mechwarrior on Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

Fair point Hunbaba but those players have the choice in what they paid for their licence so not comparable.
I may well guarantee a spot for 2.5 billion, great but a while a go I could of guaranteed a spot for 1 billion.
No matter how you look at it and no matter how many credits you have in the bank, there is a massive difference in being able to deploy for 1 billion than 2.5 billion, a difference that has knock on effects for the whole future of the deployment with regards to funding, running costs and future upgrades, and the disadvantage that you have now placed on future owners is something that cant be stressed enough.
It has nothing to do with my lack of preperation or not reading posts, you may well have posted that you were going to increase the cost but that doesn't justify it or make it fair to future owners.
This is a build I wanted to achieve on my own and has taken years of work - then with an ill thought out decision that has been ruined and god only knows how much more time this will have been added to the project should I decide to proceed any futher with it, and that is time and credits that should be being directed to the upgrades etc.
The advantage given to those already deployed is massive and lets not forget they have already had the advantage of not having to pay running costs initially, you are punishing future players, there is no other way of looking at it.

Anyway I've made my point and have no wish to drag this on indefinately but this has definately destroyed a big part of my love for the game
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

@achilleos, my whole thrust is that if you cant afford the buy in you would most certainly NOT be able to afford to keep it so in affect all I have done is SAVE you several billion credits- how that make ME the bad guy is beyond me, but there you go I'm generally always the one that gets kicked round the school yard whilst trying to save the game and its payers long term hardship.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

It seems we wont get on the same page here regarding initial license cost, so it would be better to just let it die.

You (Coops) however can still come through by demonstrating what SB maintenance will be all about.

My suggestion for next step is to go the same way as with settlements. Introduce research buildings. In addition to energy, staff and credits for maintenance, resources as an input will also be required. To top it off, resource list changes each week, as you cant be researching same dead rat forever :P. Lack of resources, research stalls.

Then come settlement defenses. Going same route as research buildings, they will need ammo in addition. Maybe two types. Kinetic/missile type weapons will have to be crafted and supplied, else combat is lost. Energy type needs no ammo, but require substantially more energy to operate.

So to kick things off, one will probably need 10+ billions just to get all those buildings crafted. And all we will end up with is a couple of millions in daily maintenance and a constant resource drain.

I dare you to do it! :D
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

@Hunbaba
Also, i suspect there might be some SB owners out there that wouldnt mind paying 1.5 bil just to be able to move their SB to one of the spots currently still available.
Do not even think of giving Coops such irresponsible idea!

And all we will end up with is a couple of millions in daily maintenance and a constant resource drain.
Couple as in 2? I can live with that :D
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by MadMaxxx »

Alumoi check credits cost of first Reactors and Habitats that we can put on. Then keep in mind over 100 of Buildings/weapons we gonna put on. Its not gonna be couple as in 2 mil cost per day :D More likely in 10 mil or more a day :D
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

So, just a Wesbec run to the Furnace and back to my settlement.
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by MadMaxxx »

True but still makes you to be active which is the right way if you ask me. That only those that are active enough can own them and keep them running.
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

So I now have the credits to bid on a licence, the owner account but on entering the starbase licence directorate I can find no possible way of entering a bid..... What am I missing.????