Interesting times to live in China

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Re: Interesting times to live in China

Post by Akkamaddi »

pikolinianita wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:33 pm Same Virus, test is for specific virus. It is not clear whether it is second infection, or disease has "silent" phase (so same virus reappear after some time - something like chickenpox virus).
Not a doctor here too.
Ok, so they are probably looking for a viral protein (or RNA segment), and not an antibody. (I *think* that's a "western blot test".) I would be curious if there is any data on severity of subsequent infections. If it's like most flu's, there should be a big difference. That's a measure of how long the body keeps producing or can remember antibodies. A situation like Herpes dormancy (chickenpox to shingles) or Measles attacking memory cells would be bad, but I don't think that corona viruses are known for that, so I don't think that would come into play here.

Speaking of... Captain Rexx Shredd was studying to be a nurse. To bad he doesn't pop back in.
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

Hi all, its been a while since I posted anything.

One reason why I havent said much is the lack of data we can view now - most sites just disappeared.

Still cant open any foreign news websites - totally blocked (even using my vpn doesnt get me anything)

We are being told that anyone working in a govt office is allowed back to work - but they restrict how many people are in each office

If you work in a factory you are allowed back but then the workers are locked in for 12 hrs and cant take off the protection suits, masks etc

No word yet on anytype of school actually going back - its been stated that it will be area by area but none have been brave enough to make that call

BUT... We are also being told that if you do go back to work and use public tpt to get there (bus, subway etc) that you will be fired.

(so its safe enough to work - not safe enough to travel.. go figure)

Yesterday the province tv station and radio station instructed all staff to hand in their passports. Nobody is now allowed out in or the country from our city
(I know this because the police knocked on the door at 11.10pm last night asking for the wife to hand in her passport)

lastly - Zhengzhou which is where I live (yes... the province just to the north of wuhan area) had been free for many days of people picking up the virus

BUTTTTT some stupid @#$%^& left china 10 days ago and went to Italy for work. He came back 3 days ago.
He was instructed to self lock down in Italy - didnt bother, travelled around europe before stopping off in Beijing and returning to our city.
He used trains, planes, taxis, buses etc etc
He didnt show any signs at the airports or train stations until his return home. His family didnt notify the police or hospital.
Yesterday his work building and his home residence were raided by police and everyone was moved out (I saw the video, lots of force used to move people who didnt want to go anywhere)
Now.... bloody hell we are in lock down again for 14 days and 28 people including the guy and all his family have been locked away by the police

so many people want to kill this guy the govt blocked any blogs talking about the issue.

I really hope everyone prepared for this bug

be safe always guys..
mech/shadow

if anyone has news of whats happening outside I would love to see whats going on.
My family is in Australia and I have no idea whats happening there..
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Sorry to hear your having to go through it again Mech, plus shame on the Government from blocking your access to 'actual' information. Suppose I'd best go easy on rhetoric or you wont be able to reach this site either!

Keep safe and best wishes from us here...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

don't know if this will help. But got these figures from the interwebs:

As of 12 March 2020 10:00pm AEDT, there were 156[a] confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia:

77 in New South Wales (including one who travelled to Darwin via Sydney,[103] but excluding a Victorian resident diagnosed in NSW [104])
27 in Queensland[98] (including 3 from the Diamond Princess)
27 in Victoria[99] (including 3 from the Diamond Princess and a Victorian resident diagnosed in NSW[104])
12 in South Australia[100] (including 1 from the Diamond Princess)
9 in Western Australia[84] (including 2 from the Diamond Princess)
3 in Tasmania[92]
1 in the Australian Capital Territory;[95] and
0 in Northern Territory.[105][a]
Of the above cases:

10 cases were associated with the Diamond Princess repatriation flight from Japan.
3 of these cases have died.[2]
24 of these cases were reported to have recovered.[106]

Stay safe out there.

Regards

Fitz
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much for the information mate.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Its been a while since I last posted. We have been in lock down now for 7.5 weeks!
No end in site as yet becuase so many people returning to the mainland have brought the virus back with them that numbers are jumping up a little

On a good note - 3 days now and no new virus recorded from those inside (just the ones returning)

I am hoping that posting this item/news has given many of you time to prepare. I have spoken with many friends in Australia and Canada and to be truthful, no one really took me seriously.

We were told late last night that all govt depts would be pushed to go back to work - again only a few working at any one time

Still being warned not to catch public tpt as the virus can sit on a surface for upto 3 days

Food isnt an issue for us here as long as you like fruit and veg

We have never seen beef here at all unless you enjoyed a western style cafe etc pork is the biggest item but ahhh we still have that pork bug around so I have been eating lots of bread, fruit and veg for weeksssss

No idea about any schools going back although the govt has been stating that some have returned already. I have no idea where they might be or what level. I am guessing that we (university level) will be the first ones to return as a trial. I would not be wanting to trust primary level kids just yet to remember to wash hands and keep masks on alllll day.

Local business, ahhh its all shuttered and no idea if most will come back at all

stay safe guys

at least there are no Zsss running around

Shadow/Mech
mentlsback

Post by mentlsback »

Yes Shadow ... some of us took you seriously and you should be commended for giving some of us a head start. .. I'm a disabled senior with no car, so I started gathering a few extra things together every time I went shopping .. (especially cat food and litter) .. I managed to gather since early Feb. enough food for two people for six weeks and enough cat food for two cats for two months ... ( I can already see where this is heading ) ..
I had to buy enough food for two people because I've apparently been married for 34 years to the lady sitting at the end of my couch. !!
We are both in good health at the moment, things haven't spiked here in Canada yet however they probably will in another couple of weeks. (?)
Thanks again for your posts warning us about this .. and stay safe.
mentl
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Good to see that there might a light at the end of your tunnel @Shadow / Mech, pretty sure that some wished they had heeded you a little more. Over here the truth is starting to settle in, when you see the deaths coming out of poor old Italy and now Spain and the death rate rising here slowly (atm) in the UK, its time I'm glad my wife shops like she sin the Armed Forces :)

Best wishes to any and all that may have the Virus in their town.

Hats off and a BIG kudos to those in the health industry and the carers like my wife going out every day looking after the elderly and infirmed.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Was just reading an article on the internet (some foreign websites are back) media asking if they can trust the numbers coming out of China

Yesterday the govt sent out dates for companies, schools etc etc to go back to work - pushing the low numbers - pushing the zero numbers for many days now

BUT

ahh several doctors yet again broke the news

The govt here does the following

You pick up the virus - go onto the list

Recover from the virus - go onto the list

Be retested and ahhh show you have the virus again................ NO LIST NOW you continue to show as free ZERO infection

I really hate these people who play games with numbers

My thoughts go to the first responders because its very personal for me
(I was police, my dad, my ex wife, my cousin and my nephew all police)

Doctors and nurses in my rather large family (we have a total of 14 who mostly work in the trauma area in Melbourne)

Stay safe all
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Hi all, hope everyone (and your family) is safe and well

Remember my last post where I said dont believe all the figures...

well, was just reading a post on a chinese phone app about wuhan

it was talking about the 2365 deaths for the area that the govt had posted

this guy is (probably was by now) the owner of a transport company

his small fleet of light trucks had a contract to deliver urns to 8 loactions within the area for families to pick up those cremated

in one location he showed photos of 2630 urns delivered

in total he showed over 26000 urns

the post only lasted 30 minutes here before it was removed (thinking he was removed also)

no matter if its true or not - too many people are dying

we have now gone well past 2 months locked in

if my wife and I can do it - you guys can do it also

stay safe all

Shadow/mechwarrior