starting questions

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
EmelioFahrlanger

starting questions

Post by EmelioFahrlanger »

I could not find the answers searching for faq, faction, etc.

1. What interaction can be expected between Gal-Fed, Con-Fed, and Alliance units outside of Contested Systems? Instant PvP, supreme indifference, dependent on law level, or...?

2. Is there a list (even if incomplete) of mission-givers relatively near Feris (besides the intro ones)? There are over 100 worlds just in Gal-Fed space, which seems to be potentially a lot of random "nothing found for you" for new players. Especially if they have to dodge attacks while searching. Seems like reducing the hundreds of possible starts down to 5-20 reasonable starting directions would be helpful.

3. In general, how are guilds used - info and aid, organized raids and/or PvP, a combination, depends on the guild? Are guilds recruiting new players, or do they wait for the players to gain a certain level or other qualification?

4. Can larger ships gain extra slots?

Thanks,
Emelio
Last edited by EmelioFahrlanger on Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: starting questions

Post by Coops »

I moved your post here as the location posted in more for 'Guides and Primers' < for new players. It has a ton of stickies and as you pointed out will get buried under them. Here players will find it.

Most of us use the phpbb 'quick links' to read new posts so finding new posts is a doddle. Differnt forums use differtn methods and you can of course some players sign themselves up to sections and get daily digests or seperate emails copied to them, some (like me) use the new posts under quick links.

I'll leave the answering of the main question you posted for players and its more a generalised set of questions that the community can field.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Once again welcome to CE?

1. Generally the factions don't play a heavy roll in CE unless you get into Combat. In combat if you attack an affiliated vessel your standings will go down for that faction and up for the opposing faction. You can always attack non-affiliate vessels (pirates) with impunity, well except for the pirate faction.

2. Many people create a tracking method to keep track of all the NPCs in the game, there are A LOT of them. The nice thing is you won't be "under attack" while flying around the universe. With the exception of an occasional random event you will never be attacked "out of the blue" or black in the case of deep space. Some players may share their list. You can also find NPC information on the Core Exiles Wiki (this is a fan made wiki not necessarily supported by CE). However there is a link to it at the bottom of the forum page. Coops will give SOME information but he tends to leave the details up to the player to discover.

3. Guilds are many and varied. There is no guild combat and you don't even need to become a member of a guild to play the game. Some offer additional "training" in various game professions, most offer equipment and resource to help you complete some of the early quests. Peruse through the Guild intros at Jerris Outpost, send an email to a guild member and ask questions. Do they charge a membership fee, etc. The Brotherhood, which I belong to, is pretty loose with no membership dues or fees. We are currently working on a Star Base so income and materials are always welcome, but not required.

4. Yes, larger ships do have more Pod slots available. In the ship description the S. S. P. Stands for Speed, Specials, and Pods. Check the CEDR (Upper Left menu) and select Ships.

Again, stop by the chat or ask questions here. You can also drop me a in game mail.

Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Fukodlak

Post by Fukodlak »

Was wondering some of the same things... Thanks Ekhorn.
And @Coops Hi there, your Sunday pack sounds quite promising. I'd never reject some fuel, too :)