Guild Armoury debate(Guild Ship store inventory)

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Guild Armoury debate(Guild Ship store inventory)

Post by MadMaxxx »

After much debate between players and staffers and our Awesome Dev Coops there is a chance that we can get the Guild Armoury back in game.
We will be looking (later) for Guild leader / senior officer agreement to a Policy (to be published) laterz after debate(if we get enough support).
Some of the rules would be like this:

1: Guild Leaders and Senior Officers are responsible for access to items and they are to blame if anything goes wrong (how they deal it is within the guild), meaning Coops will not return the item nor accept any requests in regards to missing items.
2: Players are not able to remove items above their level.
3: Daily limit on items to be removed. (set possibly via guild admin) or a global number.

Remember this option would help a lot of us and make our ships store a little more empty and you would be able to search it a bit faster.
Would also help lower level players as they would be able to see what the guild owns and so we wouldnt have so many items in our holds and they could get it out a lot faster than currently waiting on player to be online.
Iam sure Coops would give us a kind of Log like we have it in Guild too.

Making this post as i think we are all grown ups here and that we know how to behave so it wouldnt come to any problems like it did in the past.

So feel free to write your ideas and if you support this option to be available to us in the future.

Best Regards
MadMaxxx
Daemon

Re: Guild Armoury debate(Guild Ship store inventory)

Post by Daemon »

I am all for this addition in-game. The reason I love this game is because of the geat sense of community of the players. This will certainly help lower level players a lot. Instead of letting our old items gather dust in our hold and secure store, why not pass it on to the next guildie?
Lonedrow

Post by Lonedrow »

I have this option on another text game, anything deposit in guild can be use by guild members long as they have the access.(which grant by officers) item can be recall anytime and if member quite the guild items automatically return to guild.
It's a good idea if you implementing.
DrRelic

Post by DrRelic »

I think this would be so awesome! I'm totally on board with this for myself and for others!!

Great idea!!
"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that." -HAL 9000

“Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when toasted and taste good with ketchup. (Sebastian)”
― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dragonswan

"Red warrior needs food badly!" -Gauntlet (1985)
The Wolf
CE Staff (Senior)
CE Staff (Senior)

Post by The Wolf »

I think this is a great idea, and I especially like the points that MadMaxxx made, there is, for example, no point in a player taking something that is above their level.

And Lonedrow's idea of the guild being able to recall an item would really make it complete, however, even without this idea, I would love to see a Guild armory.
Owner and creator of the Core-Exile fan site Project Eagle

My Settlements:
  • Triskelion (Located in Ferra, the Sphere)
  • Lighthouse (Located in Dashan, Furnace)
Starbase:
  • Starbase Archon-2 (TT) (Located in Cole, Furnace)
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

A great idea. All for it. Thumbs up ....etc.

I have not played very long but I have an enormous amount of "stuff" in my ships stores just waiting for someone to want it....Having such a repository for guildies is good.

Fitz
Danik

Post by Danik »

My full support for this idea : supporting newer players is a key aspect of our community here : this would help us all pass on the benefits of the help we recieved when first starting out.
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Overall I like the idea, but let me poke at some of the potential unintended consequences if I may.

What does this do for the social aspect of the game? It strengthens existing guilds, YEAH! well maybe not.
The Forum and chat are the two strongest social avenues that form this community, will this discourage people from joining chat? maybe if all they need to do is hit the guild armory instead of talking to guild members or other captains.

We already have so many ways to find/trade items, direct drops, chat, buy/sell ads, the forum, emporiums. Can we close out some of these as no longer required? Let's keep the ones that make CE stronger and clean up the others that are rarely used. Less code for Coops to maintain that way as well.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

I think this is a very good addition to the game as long as guild leaders/officers take responsibility for their own housekeeping. They need to control access and manage it themselves.

Great post Max! :)
Fukodlak

Post by Fukodlak »

Late to the party; just to compliment Max on his post