Help with the Guides Site

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Coops
Site Admin

Help with the Guides Site

Post by Coops »

Last year I created the Official Guides Site. I then spent a fair amount of time converting all the poorly written and out of date guides and ported them over. I also ported in the FAQ's from the old and now defunct FAQ site we used for a while.

This gives us 41 Pictorial guides and 68 Q&A faq's.

Not a bad start but as we all know CE is a VAST game with far more to be covered. So I'm looking for new Authors of Guides and quick fire FAQ's.

#1: You need to have a decent standard of Written English and able to pass your offerings through a spell checker (Yes I know 'Pot - Kettle Black') Don't get me started lol.

#2 You also need to be able to write clear concise and correct instructions.

You don't need to be a genius at publications or or a wiz using web sites. I will take submissions in email format or simply in a text document. Accompanying images should be in jpg or png format and labeled so I know where they go within a guide.

I can publish them for you (with you as credit) or you can get an author account on the site and publish them yourself, (once I'm happy with the initial submission)

To be clear the 'Guides Site' is exactly that, a site for guiding players on for instance 'What is a Nebula Harvester and How do I use it?' Would lead to something like this : Guide on Nebula Harvesters

Not to be confused with the Wiki, which whilst it contains certain guides, is more a Data collection store of 'everything CE'

So think you have some time on your hands, think you could pen up a guide ? It would sure be of help to your fellow players, be they new or old.

Have a think and drop me a line in discord chat @coops.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Help with the Guides Site

Post by Coops »

Bumping this post - So far just one person has contacted me, they are doing a How To on Mechs for me. It came to my attention the other day we need How too's also for Malls and Factories. If you wonder what I mean by a How too see the link above to the guide on Nebula Harvesters.

Contact me via Discord if you'd like to help.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Help with the Guides Site

Post by Coops »

A Big thank you to Pablem today who sent me over a Guide on the Malls. I have placed it up online on the Guides Site. Those of you whom aid the newbies - take note and add it to your list of 'Go here - read this' :)

Again thank you @pablem.

Coops