Ares-tor Systems

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Ares-tor Systems

Post by alumoi »

As a Verec-Per respected citizen I should have access to Ares-tor Systems. Sadly those .... erm... good fellows won't let me in. And, before telling me I'm not a respected trader, I'll let you know I'm a director with the Ashar Corporation and a respected member of CE Wesbec.
Anyone else having problems with those guys? I've a mind to divert all power to my Muldar-Erat Eradicator Mk8 and pay them a little visit.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Ares-tor Systems

Post by Darakhoranon »

That you could even THINK of such dastardly deeds is proof in and of itself that you're an honourless dog who should be kicked out of VP at once!

But is that actually an error in the code or just an error in the description (i.e. "respected" does in fact NOT refer to the rank but just means "gained a certain (unspecified) level of respect")?
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

According to Coops respected is the highest rank you can attain with VP. He was quite surprised VP ranks goes up to respected, BTW.
As for the little visit I'm planing, that thing about the gun was just a figure of speech. You know, full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes and such.
Lost Queen

Post by Lost Queen »

: )

I was told the last time I asked about this that to access the Ares-tor stores, you need to complete a NPC mission chain in VP. I never found out which one, however.

: )
: ) It could be worse. : )
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Oh, goodie! I was running out of missions. Thank you.
Or maybe not!
Done a quick NPC checkout in VP and, except for Henry Benford and Thad Newbern, everybody is talking with me. Of course, I've done all their missions so they know me.
I get the same criptic message about traders in VP when I try to talk to Henry and Thad. What gives?
The message is: "It seems that this Verecian doesn't want to to talk to you. I assume this is a case of their code of honour and loyalty that seems to also affect us when trying to enter any of the Verec-Per Alliance of Traders stores."
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Maybe you just need to go hunt a few more Vermin until one of those two deigns to acknowledge your existence? What is you exact standing (in points)? E.g. if you needed 100k standing and only had 90k...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Respected
XP : 58,428,342

And before you say RESPECTED!?!, Coops was also baffled, but said it's OK, that's the highes VP rank available.
Lutes
CE Official Supporter
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK (from Belfast originally)

Post by Lutes »

I have access to Ares=tor systems (I think it opened up to me once I passed 270 million VP experience points) however even though I now have access there is nothing available for me to purchase. I have tried to copy and paste the elements of the screen that appears for me when I enter the store

Stock List For: Ares-tor Systems Skills : (Targeting : 615) - (Scan Tech : 715) - (Device : 438) Return to Promenade
System Name Credits Type Skill Range Energy Level View Item
Return to Promenade

Not sure if some-one with a settlement licensed a store for their settlement would show actual products. I've noticed for other stores that there seems to be more options for stores in player owned settlements.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

I know it's an old thread, but I'm really, really intrigued:
1. What does Ares-tor Systems hides?
2. Why Henry Benford won't talk to me?
3. Who does Thad Newbern think he is? Giving me the cold shoulder?

Now, before starting with 'you don't have enough VP XP' I'll have you know I only got 122,663,009 points and hold the exalted title of respected.
Coops. your turn :D