The Wiki

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

The Wiki

Post by Akkamaddi »

So.

It seems that a confluence of events, and possibly a certain admin being on pain killers, has led to a world in which I seem to be the main editor of the Wiki page.

Yeah, yeah, angels and ministers of grace save us all. :lol:

I have been focusing on what I know, but I've also found some empty pages that I've filled out. (Even basic information is better than a blank page.)

I'm trying to pace myself so I don't burn out. Most of you know how deep the game is, and so this is a massive undertaking. If anyone would like to help, there is quite a bit that can be done.

Two major updates that have to be added are the Research Academy (and Crystal Exchange), and the big one being the mining barge. Any help would be appreciated.

A possible third is Bob's Skunk Works. Do we want to have a manifest of ADV items?

A personal goal of mine, which should be done in February, is to have the standard salvage loot table up to level 7 in all categories. If anyone wants to help me build the Salvage tables, let me know. I can help with loaning out Discriminator PODS.

If everyone develops consensuses on different areas that badly need updating or adding, please let me know. (Please remember I do not have access to Alien tech yet.)

Also, let me know if there are any blank pages that need immediate data. Everything off the main page should point to pages with text.

Thank you.

EDIT: Something from Coop's reply I think is important to bring up to the main post, this is all player done. I am not staff. Official staff only steps in if something goes awry. Everything is taken from the game itself, this forum, and personal experience. That also means that anything I add (and has been added by other players) can go no further than personal interpretation and experience, or cut-and-paste. This should be understood as a boilerplate "I'm not staff" disclaimer. It also means I have no abilities for resolving bugs or authority on arbitration, and this should be assumed for Wiki editors.
Last edited by Akkamaddi on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: The Wiki

Post by Coops »

I'm sure I speak on behalf of all the CE players when I say - Grats and Great Work. The Wiki is hard to edit and understand (dark arts keep those things working) So Congrats!

I'm sure players up and down the player base will be grateful for updates, additions and upkeep on the Wiki.

Coops

Small Disclaimer: From Our Part (CE Staff) The Wiki is a purely player run entity and whilst We (staff) hold domain over creating accounts for the wiki we are not responsible for content published therein :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

If any of the ancient geezers here, like me, remember the old DOS Word Perfect... I remember being so thankful that I would never use such a cumbersome system again.

Wiki editing is like using DOS Word Perfect. :shock:

So. I know there are many varied views on what counts as a spoiler, and some take that seriously.

On a few pages, I've actually placed a simple "potential spoiler warning".

If the information is a small block that doesn't need formatting, and is more sensitive, I've put it into a white-text-on-white box to hide it. For VI players, there is an explicit warning text, as I think text readers ignore formatting.

An example is the Locked Steel Case page:

http://wiki.core-exiles.co.uk/Locked_Steel_Case

If there are any pages that players think are a potential spoiler, let me know and I can add warnings/obfuscation like this.
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Post by Gruntok »

Hi there,
I took the liberty of modifying the LSC page, changing the white on white method, for the own wiki collapsible class.
Hope you like it

Cheers
Wiki Nut
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Cool! That was my original intent, but could not find tags.

My partner just got out of the hospital. Later this weekend when things calm down, I will update a few pages, and another kind user pointed out a mistake I have to fix. (Thanks, Kaloseidos!)